A capture card to play console games in a window on my PC in 1080@60 (assuming the game runs at 60 FPS)

Blacer

Pretty much the title.

Im searching a capture card, preferably not over 150€, that allows me to play my games right from the preview screen, not some sort of HDMI pass through, (not OBS or Xsplit obviously) with as little latency as possible at glorious 1080p at 60FPS. But why would I need something like that? Well, I technically want to play my PS4 games in Windowed Borderless on my PC, which would easily allow to adjust sound volumes, minimize the window, tab out and do other things. Also it's pretty annoying to always switch between my DVI input source and HDMI of my monitor to just switch to the next song in my playlist or check a message in Steam.

Also, if I ever wanted to capture console content, I could just maximize the preview screen and capture with Nvidia Shadowplay, which is also pretty nice.

Ive heared mixed things about almost every capture card out there. Everyone is telling me something else. I would love to hear about you guys' experience.

So. You want to game on PC but you have a PS4 is what you're saying?

Nude Fist 1: i5-4590-ASRock h97 Anniversary-16gb Samsung 1333mhz-MSI GTX 970-Corsair 300r-Seagate HDD(s)-EVGA SuperNOVA 750b2

Name comes from anagramed sticker for "TUF Inside" (A sticker that came with my original ASUS motherboard)

Elgato Game Capture HD60?

If you have a capture card you can just as well record with it :P I understand what you want to do though, quite smart actually..

Mobo MSI X370 Carbon CPU Ryzen 7 1700 3.8GHz RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x8GB 3000MHz GPU ASUS GTX 1070 Strix Case NZXT S340 Storage Samsung 960 EVO 250GB M.2 - Seagate 1TB  PSU EVGA 750W Cooling NZXT Kraken X52 OS WIndows 10 Pro

Keyboard Arachnid Recore - Cherry MX Red Mouse Corsair M45  !!--GTA V--!!  

So. You want to game on PC but you have a PS4 is what you're saying?

I want to play my PS4 games in the capture cards preview screen (something like AverMedia's RECentral) in 1080p at 60 FPS (assuming the game runs at 60 FPS of course), but I need to find the right capture card that supports that.

Elgato Game Capture HD60?

If you have a capture card you can just as well record with it :P I understand what you want to do though, quite smart actually..

The problem with USB 3.0 captures cards I suppose is, that it will probably have a pretty high latency. It might be "unplayable". Preferably searching a PCI card.

Pretty much the title.

Im searching a capture card, preferably not over 150€, that allows me to play my games right from the preview screen (not OBS or Xsplit obviously) with as little latency as possible at glorious 1080p at 60FPS. But why would I need something like that? Well, I technically want to play my PS4 games in Windowed Borderless on my PC, which would easily allow to adjust sound volumes, minimize the window, tab out and do other things. Also it's pretty annoying to always switch between my DVI input source and HDMI of my monitor to just switch to the next song in my playlist or check a message in Steam.

Also, if I ever wanted to capture console content, I could just maximize the preview screen and capture with Nvidia Shadowplay, which is also pretty nice.

Ive heared mixed things about almost every capture card out there. Everyone is telling me something else. I would love to hear about you guys' experience.

Haha, if you're planning on using a console to run the games you're not gonna be getting 1080p 60fps. (in most games at least, even then the graphics settings will probs be pretty shitty)

Depending on if you have a desktop or a laptop, if you have a desktop you could get a PCIe capture card like this one: http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-Express-Video-Capture-1080p/dp/B007U5MGBE and it should do just fine.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Haha, if you're planning on using a console to run the games you're not gonna be getting 1080p 60fps. (in most games at least, even then the graphics settings will probs be pretty shitty)

I know that, thats why I said, assuming the game actually runs at 60 FPS. Not all do, but some actually do. For example The Last of Us: Remastered. You are not contributing anything to this topic. 

Lemme just be the first to ask... Why? xD

"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party."

-Ron White

Lemme just be the first to ask... Why? xD

"Well, I technically want to play my PS4 games in Windowed Borderless on my PC, which would easily allow to adjust sound volumes, minimize the window, tab out and do other things. Also it's pretty annoying to always switch between my DVI input source and HDMI of my monitor to just switch to the next song in my playlist or check a message in Steam." 

Oh and... xD

"Well, I technically want to play my PS4 games in Windowed Borderless on my PC, which would easily allow to adjust sound volumes, minimize the window, tab out and do other things. Also it's pretty annoying to always switch between my DVI input source and HDMI of my monitor to just switch to the next song in my playlist or check a message in Steam." 

Oh and... xD

Well, if you've got €150 to spend you could just get a second monitor (assuming that you have the space on your desk or whatever you play on).

I found one here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/BenQ-GL2250HM-Multimedia-Monitor-Speakers/dp/B00B7ZE0G2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1437169315&sr=8-3&keywords=1080p+monitor

I know its £90 but that converts roughly to €130. (I checked :P)

"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party."

-Ron White

You could use the Avermedia ExtremeCap U3, the latency is extremely low compared to others

You could use the Avermedia ExtremeCap U3, the latency is extremely low compared to others

That actually might be it. Im probably going to end up buying it and check it out. Worst case I can send it back. Hoping USB 3.0 is not too much of a bottleneck.

That actually might be it. Im probably going to end up buying it and check it out. Worst case I can send it back. Hoping USB 3.0 is not too much of a bottleneck.

A friend uses it and the video doesn't look too bad, but i can't recommend it if you are playing FPS games on your console

A friend uses it and the video doesn't look too bad, but i can't recommend it if you are playing FPS games on your console

FPS... on console... heh.

FPS... on console... heh.

There exist people doing that

• 2 years later...
On 7/17/2015 at 2:29 PM, Blacer said:

The problem with USB 3.0 captures cards I suppose is, that it will probably have a pretty high latency. It might be "unplayable". Preferably searching a PCI card.

Which generation of USB 3.0?  and to say that there is latency with USB 3.0 is more of a lie man.

There's a reason why USB controllers (not the gamepads, the actual sub level hardware device that connects throughout the system)  get better:   More bandwidth, more power, more upgrade-ability.