[help] Moto 360

iasianxmofoii

Okay well I hope I am in the right area here. I recently purchased a moto 360 (recently being yesterday.) I have read up on it and apparently the battery life is suppose to be around 40% in a 16-hour period. My watch is at 70% and its only been 3 hours. Did I get a dead bad watch?

Okay well I hope I am in the right area here. I recently purchased a moto 360 (recently being yesterday.) I have read up on it and apparently the battery life is suppose to be around 40% in a 16-hour period. My watch is at 70% and its only been 3 hours. Did I get a dead bad watch?

Well depends, it takes a couple of cycles to get the battery calibration right. And because it's new you are probably using it more than you will be on a regular day.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

If it's brand new, it's gonna take a while for the battery to "run-in", as they say.

And since it's new, that's the period where it's going to be used more often than you normally would for setup and whatnot.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

Well depends, it takes a couple of cycles to get the battery calibration right. And because it's new you are probably using it more than you will be on a regular day.

I thought those exact things. I just wanted to be sure though. Always coming to my tech guru's :D

My LG G4 also had underwhelming battery life at first, but a couple of days later and with setup complete, it lasts for more than an entire day for me.

I know it's not a watch, but the same principle applies.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1