Questions on RAM for Asus ROG GL552

i bought this last week. ( Without really checking its specs.. really.. terrible mistakes )

But here's my question , some sites says it support up to 32gb and some only up to 16gb.

i have 2 slots at the back , but when i open up task manager it says i have 4 slots.

i've put 16gb at 1600mhz..

i was wondering if i can go 32gb at 1866 or 2100...

(yes i know its a laptop and why would i require more than 16gibs of ram , but i can)

Is there anyone here who owns a GL552 and have already void their warranty for the sake of checking the mobo and can help with the current situation i have?

If you do regret your purchase, then i would return it and look more in depth and do more research before you buy.

I've heard that laptop is pretty cheap and isn't built too well. 

Adobe Photoshop Graphic Artist and PC Building Enthusiast

Corsair 750D | I7 4770 | Aorus Waterblocked 1080ti | z97A Gaming 7 MSI | EVGA supernova 750 G2 Gold | 900P 280Gb 256GB 850PRO 128 GB 850 EVO| 32GB Corsair Vengeance (4x8GB) | Logitech g502 mouse | Corsair K70 Cherry-MX Brown | Full Custom Water Cooling Loop |

nah i dont regret it that much as i wasnt into gaming that much , the specs is good enough for me.

just wanted to know about the ram though

If the specs on the manufacturers website say 16GB 2 slot then its probably correct. I doubt someone (if anyone at all has actually tried to put in two 16gb sticks in)

What do you need that much ram for anyways?

16gb should be plenty unless you're editing 4k video. I think 16gb should be well enough to play any game out there. I'd be more concerned on the 960m in there than the ram

Adobe Photoshop Graphic Artist and PC Building Enthusiast

Corsair 750D | I7 4770 | Aorus Waterblocked 1080ti | z97A Gaming 7 MSI | EVGA supernova 750 G2 Gold | 900P 280Gb 256GB 850PRO 128 GB 850 EVO| 32GB Corsair Vengeance (4x8GB) | Logitech g502 mouse | Corsair K70 Cherry-MX Brown | Full Custom Water Cooling Loop |

ya.. should've taken the 960m.... only a hundred or 2 hundred difference in usd.... dammit... i could've waited..

eitherway.. i needed more because of ARK .. u know.. Survival Evolved..

For some reason more ram = more fps for this game... (dont ask me why)

i had 8 gb when i bought it , and i get 20~40fps , then forums stated 16gb minimum ram should do something..

bought 16gb , now im getting 40~60fps..

thats why the main question above existed..