Watercooling this rig

So I am new to watercooling and I have put together this part picker list as an idea of what I am buying.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/6fCNwP

I have not bought the parts yet so I am still open to change in regards to watercooling.

I would just like to know what the best options I have? I want my PC to run silent whilst gaming.

Edit: this is not just for gaming. VMs too.

The Rig

i7 5820K / x61 Kraken / Asus X99-Pro / Gigabyte G1 980Ti / 32GB G.Skill DDR4 2400MHz / 512GB Samsung Pro SSD / EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w P2 / Fractal Define R5

Is this PC JUST for gaming? If so, then the X99 platform is a waste of your money... go with Z97 board and an unlocked i5, that is enough

Plus, PSU overkill much?

Is this only for gaming? If so, it's massive overkill (not even overkill, just a waste of money really)

I thought this was going to be custom loops ;( i cri

Anyway, don't be scared by the AIO. It's just as simple as an air cooler. The water comes pre installed so no need to fill it up or build it. Just install :)

PSU Is overkill.

X99 is a waste for gaming. 4790K and Z97 is much more worth it.

Reference 980Ti is bad. Only good for aesthetics, I'm sure @1Scotty1 can tell you ALL about it. Maybe G1 Gaming or ACX will be better.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

Overkill or because I can?

Because I can.

Edit: I would like to stick with the define R5 case so the watercooling should fit around this.

The Rig

i7 5820K / x61 Kraken / Asus X99-Pro / Gigabyte G1 980Ti / 32GB G.Skill DDR4 2400MHz / 512GB Samsung Pro SSD / EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w P2 / Fractal Define R5

@REX.exe

I wasn't planning to have the reference 980Ti. I must have clicked it by accident. Though it will be a Gigabyte card.

The Rig

Because I can.

Edit: I would like to stick with the define R5 case so the watercooling should fit around this.

So you're wasting money just because you can well that's not very wise .

@dannolt

Please suggest changes, thanks.

The Rig

The CPU should be fine for running VMs, amount of RAM sounds reasonable too for that.

Unless you plan to expand to a multi-GPU setup in the future, you could save some money

by going with a lower-wattage PSU. Jonnyguru does excellent PSU reviews, if you have a

look around there, you should be able to find something suitable: http://www.jonnyguru.com/

Of course, it's your money. As long as you make an informed decision, nothing wrong with

some overkill (I, uhm, have been guilty of that on many occasions :D ).

As for the cooler: AIOs are pretty much plug-and-play. I am not too up to date on which

AIOs offer best performance/noise at the moment though, so somebody else will need to get

that one. I'm more of a custom loop guy myself. However, that will be much more expensive,

especially if you also do the GPU.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Because I can.

Overkill. Not because you can.

If you want to waste your money on stuff you don't need then go ahead. X99 has nothing to help you but more PCI lanes. Which won't do anything. Enjoy breaking the bank!

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/VYH6bv

That's what I'd get. You could always get the Z97S SLI Krait and save some bucks. The Mark S is just for aesthetics :)

You say that like the R5 is the only case in the world that supports the rad. The Luxe is sexy and has lots of nice little features the R5 lacks :)

Not saying the R5 is bad btw.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

Here is my suggestion given the req's.

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor  (£296.34 @ Aria PC) 
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 106.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (£104.80 @ CCL Computers) 
Motherboard: MSI X99A SLI KRAIT EDITION ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  (£199.19 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  (£223.58 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£131.95 @ Amazon UK) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card  (£573.92 @ More Computers) 
Total: £1749.33
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-07-16 20:05 BST+0100