Stiffening Cherry MX Red switches?

Ptopman

So I recently got a Corsair K70 from a friend who no longer wanted the keyboard, so he just gave it to me. Now my question is, is there a way to make the switches a bit heaver without opening the switches? I ask this because they are so light that the weight of my hand will depress keys every now and them making me misspell way more than usual. I would manually switch each spring out with brown springs but to open the switches I would have to desolder the LED and I don't feel like doing that with over 50keys...

CPU: Intel i7-8700k 5GHz @ 1.35v | Cooling: EK Predator 360 | MotherBoard: ASUS z370-E | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32gb 3200MHz (4 x 8GB) | GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 TI OC

Case: Rosewill Blackhawk Ultra Modded side panel | SSD: Samsung 512gb 960 Pro | HDDS: 3TB Segate 7200rpm / 4TB HGST 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA G3 1000w | Display:ASUS VG248QE 24" / HP 25" 2511x / SAMSUNG 35" TV

Ex HDD: 3TB WD MyBook USB 3.0 | Keyboard: Rosewill MX Blue / Corsair K70 Red | Mouse: Logitech G602 | OS: Windows 10 64-bit Home Premium

You could probably put a spring around the cap stem but you would have to find suitable springs.

Not too sure if itd help too much but maybe adding dampners could do something, or something else like a spring.

http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/cherry-mx-rubber-o-ring-switch-dampeners-125pcs.html

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

You could probably put a spring around the cap stem but you would have to find suitable springs.

That is what I was thinking but was wondering if anyone on here knew of some, tomorrow i'm going to do some research on springs and see if I cant find/ test some.

CPU: Intel i7-8700k 5GHz @ 1.35v | Cooling: EK Predator 360 | MotherBoard: ASUS z370-E | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32gb 3200MHz (4 x 8GB) | GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 TI OC

Case: Rosewill Blackhawk Ultra Modded side panel | SSD: Samsung 512gb 960 Pro | HDDS: 3TB Segate 7200rpm / 4TB HGST 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA G3 1000w | Display:ASUS VG248QE 24" / HP 25" 2511x / SAMSUNG 35" TV

Ex HDD: 3TB WD MyBook USB 3.0 | Keyboard: Rosewill MX Blue / Corsair K70 Red | Mouse: Logitech G602 | OS: Windows 10 64-bit Home Premium

Not too sure if itd help too much but maybe adding dampners could do something, or something else like a spring.

http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/cherry-mx-rubber-o-ring-switch-dampeners-125pcs.html

I was thinking about dampeners as well but they really only act when the key is already activated.

I was thinking about dampeners as well but they really only act when the key is already activated.

Rubber o-rings will only make the situation worse. As you say, the Red switch is a very easy switch to actuate which can lead to typos and whatnot. Adding the rubber o-ring will make the key travel shorter (to bottomming out), and will make the keystroke feel very quick. And overall it just doesn't feel good to me, almost membrane like. But as you said, it doesn't make a difference in the actuation of the key anyway.

But this is just my experience and opinion. I've tried it myself :)

Only way would probably just be like what was mentioned above, by adding a spring somehow. Otherwise there's not much you can do.