car cooling liquid

Go to solution Solved by W-L,

it's an alienware aurora R4, and it's really overheating, it goes up to 86C maybe even more, temp is around 55C while it's idle, i looked it up, and it wasn't just him, many others had the same problem, they had to clean their liquid cooling, and if i can not open it to fix the issue, that means changing the whole thing to buy a new one, which will kinda cost alot... , some even reported that the radiator was not cleaned before it was mounted

i did ask a friend where i could find distilled water, and he said it's easy xD, i didn't know that before so that's my bad....

however, am i supposed then to use 100% distilled water or add the antifreeze as u mentioned?

Adding distilled water and anti-freeze will work especially with the dissimilar metal issue since the rad is most likely made of aluminum. Depending on the anti-freeze you get it can have biocide in it which is the stuff you want to prevent bacterial growth, if you can't find that stuff something like copper sulfate or iodine should be added also.

this might sound a bit stupid, but all i can say is... , "welcome to f'n egypt :D"

well.., i didn't really find a regular CPU water cooling liquid, i'm not sure yet if i can make a special order with that, and i don't know how much it would cost casue to them it's a "special order"

ordering things from amazon or anywhere else, i will then have to pay about 200% the original price cause of the customs

so...., is it possible to use the car's liquid cooling (that green one) for an AIO sealed water cooling system?

thanks in advance :)

It will be fine, but it doesn't cool as well as distilled water.

Spoiler

CPU intel potato2 | Motherboard xpotato69 | RAM DDRPotato | GPU potato 6969 Ti | Case potato curbiide | Storage WD potato GB grey | PSU lakesonic 69 potato Watts | Display(s)69" 0.5K potato 69*69 | Cooling 4 heatpipe fried potato | Keyboard 69 key potato switches | Mouse yukon gold potato | Sound 6.9 surround potato | Operating System OS69 potato

CPU I7 5700HQ |  RAM 8gb DDR3 | GPU GTX 960M | Storage 1 TB HGST HDD | Display 15.6" 1080p IPS panel | Keyboard Steelseries RGB | Operating System Windows 10

CPU R7 3800x |  RAM 32 GB 3200MHZ DDR4| GPU RX 5700XT Ref. | Storage 1TB m.2 NVME, 2x 500GB SSD, 4TB and 750gb hdd | Display LG 32GK850F-BKeyboard Aorus K7 with reds | PSU Corsair RM750X | Case Corsair 275R | Operating System Windows 10

this might sound a bit stupid, but all i can say is... , "welcome to f'n egypt :D"

well.., i didn't really find a regular CPU water cooling liquid, i'm not sure yet if i can make a special order with that, and i don't know how much it would cost casue to them it's a "special order"

ordering things from amazon or anywhere else, i will then have to pay about 200% the original price cause of the customs

so...., is it possible to use the car's liquid cooling (that green one) for an AIO water cooling system?

It is antifreeze. Basically water that wont freeze at waters normal freezing point. Its what linus used in the whole room water cooling at first. Make sure to get a kill coil or something to go with it. If you can I would not use it and just get normal distilled water.

Blarg

so...., is it possible to use the car's liquid cooling (that green one) for an AIO water cooling system?

Distilled water with a kill coil or biocide would work better as long as it's not a dis-similar metal loop. If it's a dis-similar metal loop then a compatible fluid will be required.

It is antifreeze. Basically water that wont freeze at waters normal freezing point. Its what linus used in the whole room water cooling at first. Make sure to get a kill coil or something to go with it. If you can I would not use it and just get normal distilled water.

as i said i'm not sure i can get distilled water, i totally would use that if i could find it

and it's for a sealed cooling system for my friend's alienware that is insanely overheating :D, i'm not sure where i'm supposed to put that kill coil in that case

as i said i'm not sure i can get distilled water, i totally would use that if i could find it in egypt, but just in case i didn't... xD

and it's for a sealed cooling system for my friend's alienware that is insanely overheating :D, i'm not sure where i'm supposed to put that kill coil in that case

If it's a sealed AIO then there is nothing to be done really since your not suppose to open those up for maintenance. 

If it's a sealed AIO then there is nothing to be done really since your not suppose to open those up for maintenance. 

it's an alienware aurora R4, and it's really overheating, it goes up to 86C maybe even more, temp is around 55C while it's idle, i looked it up, and it wasn't just him, many others had the same problem, they had to clean their liquid cooling, and if i can not open it to fix the issue, that means changing the whole thing to buy a new one, which will kinda cost alot... , some even reported that the radiator was not cleaned before it was mounted

i did ask a friend where i could find distilled water, and he said it's easy xD, i didn't know that before so that's my bad....

however, am i supposed then to use 100% distilled water or add the antifreeze as u mentioned?

Adding distilled water and anti-freeze will work especially with the dissimilar metal issue since the rad is most likely made of aluminum. Depending on the anti-freeze you get it can have biocide in it which is the stuff you want to prevent bacterial growth, if you can't find that stuff something like copper sulfate or iodine should be added also.

thanks alot for the tips & help :) , if u don't mind i would like to MSG u back when i get the required items, and i'll let u know what exactly i have then, just to make sure we don't do anything wrong

thanks alot for the tips & help :) , if u don't mind i would like to MSG u back when i get the required items, and i'll let u know what exactly i have then, just to make sure we don't do anything wrong

Sure just drop me a PM if you need some help along the way.