asus gtx 980 ti strix vs msi gtx 980 ti

megatronends

both of them are comparable, but strix has 3 fans. will it make huge diff between the two. cant decide which to pick ??

both of them are comparable, but strix has 3 fans. will it make huge diff between the two. cant decide which to pick ??

which one looks better?

Which colors match your build better?

if non that matters

buy faster one 

or

buy cheaper one

The msi cools very close to the G1 which also has 3 fans, tbh I would just go for which ever you can find cheaper and which ever you like the look of better. 

The Strix does have a pretty crazy factory overclock though (Which is why it'll probably be more expensive), but the msi should be able to overclock manually well anyway.

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

MSI

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I would go with a Zotac amp or amp extreme.

The amp is the cheapest non reference 980ti

The amp extreme is tied for highest clockspeed with the strix but it's 40$ cheaper.

They also have really good and quiet coolers according to reviewers.

I agree

I can only speak for the amp! extreme.

Its a Hellmaschine.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

i actually wanted with red/black theme so i wanted your opinion on these 2. co i think currently only these 2 are red black theme

i actually wanted with red/black theme so i wanted your opinion on these 2. co i think currently only these 2 are red black theme

Not much is known about the STRIX as they are very rare. The MSI's run real quit and very few have coil whine noise but overclocking them is a real hit and miss and they run real hot when pushed. 

i am in ca,us. so i suppose it it good.

also i saw the evga 980ti hybrid. is it worth it ??

i think i might go with evga 980ti hybrid. i have heard good reviews about it. and i might repaint it for red black to match my system.

I've seen some hot temperatures with the MSI on OCN. The reviews stating 72°C are seemingly not indicative of consumer experience. Some are getting excellent temps while others are getting very poor temps, and thus poor overclocking and noise levels. Some have resigned to the fact that the 980ti really does need water cooling from a G10 or custom water loop.

On the other hand, the Strix has similarly high temperatures but at very low speeds and noise levels. This should theoretically mean more headroom for cooler temperatures—and better overclocking—but with a slight boost in decibels. ASUS obviously favoured noise over temperatures, while Gigabyte favoured thermals over noise.

The eVGA Hybrid is a little overpriced here in the EU. It's a reference board with a water cooler. You can buy a reference card and stick a G10 and a Corsair H55 for less, at least over here. If the Hybrid had 2x8-pin power and dual BIOS then it would be worth it. However, eVGA are usually overpriced over here so if it's better value for you in the US go for it. Great temperatures, 1500/8000Mhz overclocks with a good chip, eVGA's legendary support, quiet noise levels (as long as the pump doesn't grind or whine). It's too rich for my blood and the colour of the shroud does not fit my build.

i think i might go with evga 980ti hybrid. i have heard good reviews about it. and i might repaint it for red black to match my system.

Good luck finding one in stock lol!

i'll get stock 980ti and use it, till g10 is available

i'll get stock 980ti and use it, till g10 is available

That will be your much better option as you can put on a bigger AIO cooler like a 140mm or even 240mm. The Corsair H10 is also popular

thanks for the help. i have finalized my last pc component now.

I checked out the store for evga 980 ti hybrid, it is for 750$ along with 3 yrs warranty. This is better than me adding the water cooler block and voiding the warranty of the original 980 ti.

I checked out the store for evga 980 ti hybrid, it is for 750$ along with 3 yrs warranty. This is better than me adding the water cooler block and voiding the warranty of the original 980 ti.

If you can wait for stock, then wait. If not just get a non-ref 980ti.