FIRST BUILD PLAN: 2000$ Gaming pc Build. HELP!

i think the monitor will be a problem, i think i'm waiting for the Asus PG279Q, or the curved asus 1440p monitor released at computex tis year.

is that ram good maybe i will look for little bit faster ram? and the reviewers of the wd black drive talked about the noise problem can i live with it or you have a replacement?

i need a help with choosing a PSU is the evga one good, i was thinking about corsair? and is that optical drive good?

and what do you think with my mouse and keyboard of choice the G502 and the G710+ and the speaker logitech z200 multimedia speaker?

i can't belive i'm asking this but can anyone give me link to a good zipties...

and some nice (cheap) led strip? and do i need additional fans other than the included ones and the h100i gtx fans, is the air flow going to be bad as there's two in-take fans and three out-take?

do i need thermal compound?Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver Thermal Compound?

i think that's it, thanks everybody....

The optical drive should be fine.

I had the g502 mouse and loved it, I'll be buying it again with my next build.

As for LEDs, it seems all the led strips I see on newegg always have bad reviews. So I'd search for pc mods LEDs. Paul from Paul's hardware lit up his arctic panther build with LEDs from a pc mod website. Can't remember the name but if you watch his video, should be the newest one on his channel about the arctic panther, he mentions where he got the side panel and LEDs from.

I would go with equal to or more intake fans than exhaust fans. For instance, my next build will have 3-140mm exhaust fans and 4-140mm intake fans to give it positive pressure. I've been told positive pressure with dust filters will help reduce dust build up.

I can't recommend any fans other than Corsair AF140's since those and the 200mm nzxt fans are the only ones I've ever had experience with. Although most people recommend noctua

Thanks,

I'll watch that video.

So i think i'm buying one or two more fans, air flow is important. I'll read reviews and choose one,

Thanks...

Nice, tell me how good they are when you get them.

Will do, may be a couple weeks. I just know Paul used them in his build and they light everything up very well.

I suggest you to go with x99 setup. If you have $2000 for computer only look at this pcpp: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/q7Nqf7

I know everybody is saying like you don't need x99 for gaming, it's overkill and so on. If you have 2k why not spend it on a best rig possible? Also, if you are working with lightroom and other Adobe programmes that extra core will help you a lot. 

This setup will help you playing games on 1080p and even on 4K for years without a problem.

I've just ordered my computer with simmilar spec as this one, so you can PM me and in a week or two I'll be able to tell you if i'm happy with my setup or not. 

Hope this helps!

CPU: i7 5820K Motherboard: MSI x99A SLI PLUS RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2800mHz (4x4gb) GPU: MSI GeForce  GTX 980Ti Case: NZXT S340 Storage: 840 Evo 120gb and WD Blue 1TB  PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 850W CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3

GTX 980 Ti (reference card) High Idle temps solution -

I suggest you to go with x99 setup. If you have $2000 for computer only look at this pcpp: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/q7Nqf7

I know everybody is saying like you don't need x99 for gaming, it's overkill and so on. If you have 2k why not spend it on a best rig possible? Also, if you are working with lightroom and other Adobe programmes that extra core will help you a lot. 

This setup will help you playing games on 1080p and even on 4K for years without a problem.

I've just ordered my computer with simmilar spec as this one, so you can PM me and in a week or two I'll be able to tell you if i'm happy with my setup or not. 

Hope this helps!

i see your point but with i will only change the cpu and ram with the same gpu .what in it for me?

i see your point but with i will only change the cpu and ram with the same gpu .what in it for me?

Sorry but I don't understand that question xD you previous pcpp link had i7 - 4790K and a z97 motherboard with DDR3 ram. 

I'm suggesting you to go with i7 - 5820K (has simmilar gaming performance as 4790K, but it's better for Adobe Lightroom). i7 5820k has LGA 2011v3 Socket so you need different motherboard too. That mobo (MSI x99 SLI Plus) has DDR4 slots, which are faster and newer. It's probably better setup worth a few bucks more IMO.

CPU: i7 5820K Motherboard: MSI x99A SLI PLUS RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2800mHz (4x4gb) GPU: MSI GeForce  GTX 980Ti Case: NZXT S340 Storage: 840 Evo 120gb and WD Blue 1TB  PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 850W CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3

Sorry but I don't understand that question xD you previous pcpp link had i7 - 4790K and a z97 motherboard with DDR3 ram. 

I'm suggesting you to go with i7 - 5820K (has simmilar gaming performance as 4790K, but it's better for Adobe Lightroom). i7 5820k has LGA 2011v3 Socket so you need different motherboard too. That mobo (MSI x99 SLI Plus) has DDR4 slots, which are faster and newer. It's probably better setup worth a few bucks more IMO.

yea of couse i'm changing the motherboard  :lol: , but i was talking about gaming performance, sorry for mis-writing, and i think you suggestion is worth consideration.

yea of couse i'm changing the motherboard  :lol: , but i was talking about gaming performance, sorry for mis-writing, and i think you suggestion is worth consideration.

I don't think that you will get much better performance with this setup, maybe you'll get few FPS more, but you will benefit a lot on Adobe programmes.

I don't think that you will get much better performance with this setup, maybe you'll get few FPS more, but you will benefit a lot on Adobe programmes.

i think it will, i haven't thought about adobe in this whole build [weird] as i edit photos and i'm getting into video editing.

i think it will, i haven't thought about adobe in this whole build [weird] as i edit photos and i'm getting into video editing.

Well if you getting into a video editing as well as gaming... Well I suggest you consider my option. Idk. Watch few reviews on x99 setups, and how it performs in games and editing stuff. 

Please concider, if you have the budget than why not. :)

EDIT: 

Will do, may be a couple weeks. I just know Paul used them in his build and they light everything up very well.

Did it arrive, how good are they? [emoji3]

Did it arrive, how good are they? [emoji3]

Haven't bought them yet. It'll be a few weeks before I begin to build my new system.