FIRST BUILD PLAN: 2000$ Gaming pc Build. HELP!

you could also wait and save some more money to play at 1440p. that would be awesome. you could get this monitor:

BenQ XL2730Z 144Hz 27.0" Monitor

Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q 144Hz 27.0" Monitor

Acer XG270HU 144Hz 27.0" Monitor

Yes, thats what i've been thinking, like i'm not making a build everyday so i'm going to save a little more money and who knows maybe they'll release a new g-sync monitor, switched to 1440p, will be discussing the build in a week, thanks

And, sorry for being late coz ADSL off. On mobile data, can you check this topic in a week.

Yes, thats what i've been thinking, like i'm not making a build everyday so i'm going to save a little more money and who knows maybe they'll release a new g-sync monitor, switched to 1440p, will be discussing the build in a week, thanks

And, sorry for being late coz ADSL off. On mobile data, can you check this topic in a week.

i think that's a good idea. i play on 1080p and i wish i had the build to support 1440p. this is where people should be building if they are spending a considerable amount of money. the z97-a is a good motherboard to base the build around. guru3d has a good review on it, check it out:

http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/asus-z97-a-and-z97-deluxe-motherboard-review,1.html

in terms of the cpu cooler, i don't believe that the h60 is enough to cool the i7, that's why i selected the h100i gtx for you. it's a dual rad design with two 120mm fans. a good friend of mine has the h100i gtx coupled with the i7-4790k and it cools the cpu very well at an overclock of 4.8ghz; during stress testing, the temperature doesn't go above 75 degrees. 85 is the max you want to hit during stress testing during an overclock. an average of 80 is also the limit. you could also go the other route and get a noctua nh-d14 or nh-d15 cpu heatsink and fan.

BigDay

Use pcparpicker and that much money on build is kinda wasted for only 1080p gaming.

Say what you will, my ~$1700 build (at the time of purchase of course) can't max out GTA V with a solid 60+fps at 1080p. Idk why people say something like that would be overkill. Nothing is overkill at 1080p if you have a 144Hz monitor. :P

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

Say what you will, my ~$1700 build (at the time of purchase of course) can't max out GTA V with a solid 60+fps at 1080p. Idk why people say something like that would be overkill. Nothing is overkill at 1080p if you have a 144Hz monitor. [emoji14]

I agree. My last build was a 4670k and gtx 780 ti. Ran BF4 on ultra at 90fps average, 1080p 144hz. Hell my next build will be for 1080p gaming and will have a single 980 ti. When I go up to 1440p 144hz I'll throw in another for SLI.

I'd rather have it an not need it, instead of needing it and not having it.

I agree. My last build was a 4670k and gtx 780 ti. Ran BF4 on ultra at 90fps average, 1080p 144hz. Hell my next build will be for 1080p gaming and will have a single 980 ti. When I go up to 1440p 144hz I'll throw in another for SLI.

I'd rather have it an not need it, instead of needing it and not having it.

Exactly. :P

Probably why I'll be staying on 1080p until 4K is the new standard with reliable fps. I'd rather live in the super smooth stone ages as opposed to the choppy waters of higher resolutions. :lol:

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

Exactly. [emoji14]

Probably why I'll be staying on 1080p until 4K is the new standard with reliable fps. I'd rather live in the super smooth stone ages as opposed to the choppy waters of higher resolutions. [emoji38]

Totally agree. That's why I went with the 780 ti when I did. It was my first 144hz gaming experience and I'll never go back lol.

I mainly want the 6gb of ram on the 980 ti for future games. Although I may buy a new card by the time games are demanding enough to utilize that much vram. Oh well, better reason to upgrade to the top dog then [emoji13]

Just a quick sidenote, you know that the Asus VG248QE is not a G-Sync monitor right? Maybe if you are going to stick with 1080p go with these G-Sync options:

Acer XB270H ($475.19) - http://www.amazon.com/Acer-XB270H-Abprz-27-inch-Widescreen/dp/B00NUCRBCU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1437117383&sr=8-1&keywords=xb270h

AOC G2770PQU ($303.80) - http://www.amazon.com/AOC-G2460PQU-Ultimate-Performance-Professional/dp/B00HY7PAUC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1437117498&sr=8-2&keywords=aoc+g2460pg

BenQ XL2420G ($529.00) - http://www.amazon.com/BenQ-G-SYNC-24-Inch-Monitor-XL2420G/dp/B00MUT6SLE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1437117572&sr=8-1&keywords=benq+xl+2420g

If 27inch is too big for you, the Acer and the AOC both come in 24inch variants as well: the XB240H and the G2460PQU, respectively

Thanks, i'm currently thinking and reading reviews, i'll reply soon, THANKS

I'm very busy right now but in 1-2 hours I'll have a build that is similar to all these peoples at a way cheaper price. That'll leave money for monitors, peripheals, and ect... Ect..

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

are you planning on overclocking the cpu? you don't have to... but i need to know

of course i'm expecting 4.5ghz or more if possiblem as well as the oc mode on the g1 card

you can push the g1 even further than its stock oc boost mode by overclocking it. it'll perform so well then haha

BigDay

you can push the g1 even further than its stock oc boost mode by overclocking it. it'll perform so well then haha

That would be even nicer  :)

i think a started shaping my build correctly but i need help with ram, what clock should i choose and from what company, as this video says the speed doesn't effect gaming, what do you suggest?

That would be even nicer  :)

i think a started shaping my build correctly but i need help with ram, what clock should i choose and from what company, as this video says the speed doesn't effect gaming, what do you suggest?

1600 at the minimum. kingston, corsair, crucial are all good. get 2 modules; in your case it would be 2x4gb for 8gb total

BigDay

of course i'm expecting 4.5ghz or more if possiblem as well as the oc mode on the g1 card

If you are going to be Gaming at 1440p get this,

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($328.99 @ SuperBiiz)

CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 113.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler ($74.90 @ Newegg)

Motherboard: MSI Z97-GAMING 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($145.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($96.99 @ Amazon)

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($97.95 @ OutletPC)

Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($70.89 @ OutletPC)

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Superclocked+ ACX 2.0+ Video Card ($679.99 @ Micro Center)

Case: NZXT Noctis 450 ATX Mid Tower Case ($133.00 @ Directron)

Power Supply: EVGA 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($117.99 @ NCIX US)

Total: $1746.69

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-07-18 14:15 EDT-0400

This will be my 1440p gaming machine give or take a few parts with skylake and zen coming out ect ect..

If you are going for 1080p tell me and I'll have a nice $1300 system for that. $1300 is way overkill for 1080p but will have tons of future proofing.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Thanks DarkBlade2117 thats about what i'm going to build with key differences

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/43KJQ7
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/43KJQ7/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($328.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($99.99 @ NCIX US) 
Motherboard: Asus Z97-A/USB 3.1 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($148.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($96.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($164.00 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($119.99 @ Micro Center) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card  ($689.97 @ Amazon) 
Case: Corsair 760T White ATX Full Tower Case  ($149.99 @ Micro Center) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  ($18.89 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $1817.80
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-07-18 14:21 EDT-0400

for the CPU cooler i prefer water cooling and it's more tidy, the motherboard is simular to that msi board, i payed a little bit more on storage but i think it's worth it, i went with the g1 980 ti card simular in price but better in looks and performance, haven't chosen the powersupply yet??? and for the monitor i hope there is other than acer XB270HU and the ROg swift coz they're expensive, anywaay they might release lower price g-sync monitor [waiting] but if not i think i will have to pay 700$ on it, anyway tell me what you think about it? and BigDay what do you think?

i think the monitor will be a problem, i think i'm waiting for the Asus PG279Q, or the curved asus 1440p monitor released at computex tis year.

is that ram good maybe i will look for little bit faster ram? and the reviewers of the wd black drive talked about the noise problem can i live with it or you have a replacement?

i need a help with choosing a PSU is the evga one good, i was thinking about corsair? and is that optical drive good?

and what do you think with my mouse and keyboard of choice the G502 and the G710+ and the speaker logitech z200 multimedia speaker?

i can't belive i'm asking this but can anyone give me link to a good zipties...
and some nice (cheap) led strip? and do i need additional fans other than the included ones and the h100i gtx fans, is the air flow going to be bad as there's two in-take fans and three out-take?
do i need thermal compound?Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver Thermal Compound
i think that's it, thanks everybody....

i think the monitor will be a problem, i think i'm waiting for the Asus PG279Q, or the curved asus 1440p monitor released at computex tis year.

is that ram good maybe i will look for little bit faster ram? and the reviewers of the wd black drive talked about the noise problem can i live with it or you have a replacement?

i need a help with choosing a PSU is the evga one good, i was thinking about corsair? and is that optical drive good?

and what do you think with my mouse and keyboard of choice the G502 and the G710+ and the speaker logitech z200 multimedia speaker?

i can't belive i'm asking this but can anyone give me link to a good zipties...

and some nice (cheap) led strip? and do i need additional fans other than the included ones and the h100i gtx fans, is the air flow going to be bad as there's two in-take fans and three out-take?

do i need thermal compound?Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver Thermal Compound?

i think that's it, thanks everybody....

A lot of people say stay away from Corsair PSU's. I only use EVGA PSUs myself.

So i'm going with the: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2 80+ GOLD, 850W ECO Mode Fully ModularPower Supply 220-G2-0850-XR what do you think?

So i'm going with the: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2 80+ GOLD, 850W ECO Mode Fully ModularPower Supply 220-G2-0850-XR what do you think?

I think it would be fine. Are you planning on running SLI? Or just the single 980 ti?

I love the fully modular EVGA PSUs. I opted for the 1000 watt for plenty of juice in the future and room for overclocking.

So i'm going with the: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2 80+ GOLD, 850W ECO Mode Fully ModularPower Supply 220-G2-0850-XR what do you think?

i believe the GS version of that is made by seasonic so i would go for that instead of the G2

CPU: i7 4790k, GPU: ASUS Strix 980 ti, Motherboard: z97x-UD5H-BK , RAM: 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws X 2133 Mhz, CPU Cooler: NH-D15, PSU: EVGA GS 850w 80+ Gold, Case: Fractal Design R5, Storage: Samsung 850 evo 250gb and WD black 1tb, Peripherals: Deathadder 2013 and G710+, Monitor: LG 29UM67.

I think it would be fine. Are you planning on running SLI? Or just the single 980 ti?

I love the fully modular EVGA PSUs. I opted for the 1000 watt for plenty of juice in the future and room for overclocking.

NO it's single GPU

it's the same price. no problem i can go with the GS

NO it's single GPU

it's the same price. no problem i can go with the GS

An 850 watt would be perfectly fine for that.

Also you can go with the gs or g2, they're both good.

Can you guys answar the rest of the questions?