Mozilla blocks Flash by default on Firefox browser

jos

This is silly.

I am switching web browsers.

The big problem is with YouTube. If you are on HTML5 and the video is in 60fps, it will go to 60fps, and not give you a 30fps version.

This means that while one might not care, it kills your bandwidth, and greatly increases how much you download, passing the limits, costing you a fortune per GB downloaded extra at the end of the month.

Not to mention that HTML5 is more CPU intensive than Flash, it reduces battery life more.

Mozilla is very disconnected from real life also. More reasons for me to switch web browsers.

Despite being 2015 today, it still doesn't support multi-touch, smooth scrolling and zooming. After all these years, Firefox FINALLY supports (beta build) high-DPI support. And even then. Mozilla calls it "Firefox Windows 10 edition". Completely ignorant that if you want to a Windows 10 specific version, they should do a universal app of the web browser, allowing it to run on Windows Phone as well, and have built-in, to start with: really good multi-touch support, and even ink support, which is another thing it doesn't support. Adding high-DPI, doesn't make it "Windows 10 edition". It makes it "Windows XP edition", where high-DPI was introduced. Or even if you want to argue that there wasn't high resolutions for the size display common back then. We had when Windows 7 was out.

i get your angry and fully agree firefox is outdated and behind the times the only good thing is memory use and certain firefox only extensions. Other than that webkit based browsers run over it. yes the webkit based ones often use quite a bit of memory but on current pcs i dont that that matters much anymore for average consumer workloads of a couple of pages max. in fairnes to google as well building flash into chrome has made it at lot easier to make sure flash is properly updated and monitored.

Still we should form the ffh  the Fiery Flash Haters and lynch corporate flash supporters while wearing HTML5 code covered robes over our head and body..

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

majority website still using it

ads

content

webm

games

etc

while youtube has been moved to html5 it still far from perfect

at this point idk what else could replace flash

it is amazing that this software has been in developement for years and yet as a user my self I don't see anything been improved overtime

it still using high ram usage, sometimes even it still cripples high end machine. most browser problems I've seen/handle it always caused by Flash crash error plugin.

majority website still using it

ads

content

webm

games

etc

while youtube has been moved to html5 it still far from perfect

at this point idk what else could replace flash

it is amazing that this software has been in developement for years and yet as a user my self I don't see anything been improved overtime

it still using high ram usage, sometimes even it still cripples high end machine. most browser problems I've seen/handle it always caused by Flash crash error plugin.

*cough*blip.tv*cough*

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

Before Adobe purchased Macromedia. Flash development was going really fast. At each version, you had MASSIVE improvements over the old one.

The moment Adobe bought Macromedia... I can't really see a difference between Flash .. hmm say... version 10/11 to 18, the current one.

And the updater is annoying as hell. Sometimes it works, sometimes it gets you to the web page. This makes it a pain for support with people that are not tech literate.

I actually uninstalled Flash on my computer and just rely on Chrome's sandboxed Flash that allows me to browse the web without worrying.

I actually uninstalled Flash on my computer and just rely on Chrome's sandboxed Flash that allows me to browse the web without worrying.

I wish I could do that, but I need Waterfox for the download helper extension which has some flash only sites like blip...