Advice for dual monitors

tourenious

Hi m8s :D

Me and my brither are making now a DIY studio in our house (he has a fitness) and we are starting a youtube career (im hope it will work) and i learned how to use camtaisia for editing our videos. I have a pc i5 4690(maby) and asus GTX760.

Now i have packard bell viseo something (24" 1080p) and for productivity i find it bottlenecking so i am going to buy another one (dont know if its a good idea because the monitor has only d-sub and dual link dvi and dont know if its a problem)

I also play games on my pc like lineage 2 diablo 3 gta 5 ect.

Is there a way to play them ot the both monitors if not if i play a game on the main monitor what happends with the other?

If a game is set to full-screen, and you have the resolution set to like 1920x1080, it will simply put the game on both monitors (with no additional GPU power used). If you set it to fixed screen, the it will only play on the primary monitor you've set in the software, and you could do stuff with your 2nd monitor like have teamspeak or a browser open and usable with the game still running. Or you could use the nvidia equivalent of eyefinity and play games with a wider view, with a higher hit on performance though and with only 2 monitors you'd get the bezels of the monitors making an visually unappealing line in the game.

You may require adapters though to hook up the 2nd monitor, I see you have a DVI-I and a DVI-D and im not knownledable with that so im not sure if they are the same (in the sense they will work with the DVI monitors, although im guessing they are).

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

When playing on multiple even numbered monitors (2,4,6,8 etc) your cross hairs will be on the screen bezel, a very bad thing that makes it very hard to game.

Here is an example:

Dirt2DualMon.jpg

You can kind of get away with it in certain games like racing games, but for any point and shoot game or any game with crosshairs you are screwed.

You can play in full screen, windowed, or full screen windowed on one monitor by setting the resolution to the resolution of one monitor, the other remains usable for opening other programs such as web browsers.

I am not sure what you are talking about "Bottleneck". Are you saying that DVI is not a strong enough connector for 1080p 60hz? because it is :P

If you are saying it is limiting to have one monitor, then yes I agree.

If you want something for productivity I would suggest a 27" 1440p monitor, you can get Korean ones off ebay at very good prices that size/resolution is much nicer to work on. Games will default to your primary monitor if you select a single screen resolution, if you select a dual screen resolution it will span both but as mentioned most of the time it doesn't work well on 2/even numbers of screens and a GTX760 would struggle with double the resolution on most games anyway.

You will be fine for connectors.

If you want something for productivity I would suggest a 27" 1440p monitor, you can get Korean ones off ebay at very good prices that size/resolution is much nicer to work on. Games will default to your primary monitor if you select a single screen resolution, if you select a dual screen resolution it will span both but as mentioned most of the time it doesn't work well on 2/even numbers of screens and a GTX760 would struggle with double the resolution on most games anyway.

You will be fine for connectors.

i dont play demanding games! is the 760 struggle with diablo 3 on both screens (actualy can i run diablo 3 on both screens) and linesge 2(the other game i play most) if very far from demanding. i have another question. Why do every one care so much for ips pannels and better color reproduction and what it has to do with video editing?

i dont play demanding games! is the 760 struggle with diablo 3 on both screens (actualy can i run diablo 3 on both screens) and linesge 2(the other game i play most) if very far from demanding. i have another question. Why do every one care so much for ips pannels and better color reproduction and what it has to do with video editing?

I couldn't comment on diablo performance but I would think it would be very irritating having a bezel in the middle of your viewable area in both those games, multi-screens for gaming are generally not worth while on 2 screens (and for a lot of games its just not worth while in general), for something like lineage in particular I would think having the second monitor for a web browser/YouTube/etc. would be more worth while than having the game on both screens.

As far as IPS goes for most its simply nicer to look at, I could never go back to TN without there being a drastic change in their quality, a picture with rich, vibrant, even and correct colour is more pleasing than something that is washed out and has colour shift depending on where your head is (especially as you move up to bigger screens), IPS or similar panels are far from perfect but are the best affordable option at the moment. From a video editing (or any professional) perspective it means you are seeing what others are (or at least should be) seeing, if you tweak your colours and/or overall presentation based on a colour incorrect screen you could very well be making it worse instead of better for everyone other than yourself.

I couldn't comment on diablo performance but I would think it would be very irritating having a bezel in the middle of your viewable area in both those games, multi-screens for gaming are generally not worth while on 2 screens (and for a lot of games its just not worth while in general), for something like lineage in particular I would think having the second monitor for a web browser/YouTube/etc. would be more worth while than having the game on both screens.

As far as IPS goes for most its simply nicer to look at, I could never go back to TN without there being a drastic change in their quality, a picture with rich, vibrant, even and correct colour is more pleasing than something that is washed out and has colour shift depending on where your head is (especially as you move up to bigger screens), IPS or similar panels are far from perfect but are the best affordable option at the moment. From a video editing (or any professional) perspective it means you are seeing what others are (or at least should be) seeing, if you tweak your colours and/or overall presentation based of a colour incorrect screen you could very well be making it worse instead of better for everyone other than yourself.

http://www.dabs.com/products/packard-bell-viseo-243d-24--full-hd-led-monitor-with-dvi---vga---black-8YSH.html this is my monitor. wiud you recomend useing it with an ips in dual-monitor config?

and can yopu give me advice to solve my problem with not enough working space and thX a lot for help

3 monitor gaming is a joke, only existing beacause 21:9 wasnt available for so long

2 monitor gaming is a fucking travesty, sell the one you have now and get ANY 21:9, of at least 29" and you`ll have the BEST time in the world (i suggest the LG 29um67, as its the cheapest 29"ers, and contains 75hz and freesync, even if you dont use freesync, the 75hz will be better)

personally having owned 3 way monitors id advise against.. looks great turned off.. major ball ache most of the time when trying to do anything!!

get a single large ultra wide (21:9) or large 28"+ 16:9

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

http://www.dabs.com/products/packard-bell-viseo-243d-24--full-hd-led-monitor-with-dvi---vga---black-8YSH.html this is my monitor. wiud you recomend useing it with an ips in dual-monitor config?

and can yopu give me advice to solve my problem with not enough working space and thX a lot for help

You can mix and match any screens, at the end of the day an extra screen for productivity is a bonus regardless of quality and unless they are the same model from the same batch you will get some slight image differences, though having as similar panels as possible with equivalent pixel densities is a huge bonus IMO. If it were me the 3 options for a second screen I would be looking at (for productivity) are;

1) 1440p 16:9 27" - most affordable, the Korean X-Star DP2710LED PLS monitors are what I have and they are great after calibration but there are others too such as the Qnix QX2710's, Crossover 27QHD's, etc. (just avoid anything marked "off grade").

2) 1440p 21:9 34" - nice format but still comes with a bit of a premium these days

3) 4K 16:9 >34" (preferably ~40") - pricy

All with an IPS type panel (IPS/PLS/etc.), you can get TN versions of each at a decent price but I would take a 1440p 27" IPS over a 4K 40" TN even if they were at the same price point personally. I also favour a matte finish on my panels but some people like gloss, personally I just find the reflectiveness detracts from any benefit the gloss finish gains.