Low Profile 4K capable GPU?

WastedEmu

Hello, my work is planning on picking up 2 -- 4K monitors for the work stations, and is there a Low Profile GPU available that does 4K?

the current setup is an AMD HD 8490, which I'm reading does up to 1440p, and an i7-4790 (which I know the iGPU supports 4K). The upgrade is coming as a result of a very graphic based mapping system (a CAD like program), where we will need quite a bit of screen real estate. the current card already struggles powering a 2560x1600 monitor with that CAD program. I was given the responsibility by my manager to come up with a suggested setup to send to IT to do all of the purchasing since he trusts me more than IT lol.

from my travels on the google machine, I haven't really been able to find one aside from a 750 TI, but it only does 4K at 24HZ

i think a r9 285 itx variant exists

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

Hello, my work is planning on picking up 2 -- 4K monitors for the work stations, and is there a Low Profile GPU available that does 4K?

the current setup is an AMD HD 8490, which I'm reading does up to 1440p, and an i7-4790 (which I know the iGPU supports 4K). The upgrade is coming as a result of a very graphic based mapping system (a CAD like program), where we will need quite a bit of screen real estate. the current card already struggles powering a 2560x1600 monitor with that CAD program. I was given the responsibility by my manager to come up with a suggested setup to send to IT to do all of the purchasing since he trusts me more than IT lol.

from my travels on the google machine, I haven't really been able to find one aside from a 750 TI, but it only does 4K at 24HZ

budget?

ITX GTX 970  can do 4k @ 60hz over HDMI 2.0 or Displayport

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

Yes, sadly only up to GTX 750 Ti. We'd wait till someone makes a LP GTX 960 or to see what will Pascal bring

i think a r9 285 itx variant exists

budget?

That isn't low profile

QUbeA.jpg

This is a signature.

have you looked at Quadros or firepros?

\/Specs\/

Xeon E3 1230 V3-Maximus vi hero-2x4gb G skill RipjawsX 2133-EVGA supernova-1 tb seagate-Samsung 840 EVO 1TB-NZXT H440-EVGA 6Gb 780 Razer-Blackwidow Ultimate-Corsair M65

MSI Ghost Pro GS60 

budget?

A GTX 970 is horrible if he is going to be doing 3D modeling 

PC is alive again! :System: CPU:Intel i5 4960k/ Motherboard:ASUS Gryphon Z97/ RAM: Kingston 16GB/ GPU: ASUS R9 Fury X/ Storage: 120gb Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate SSHD/ PSU: Cooler Master 700w/ Displays: 1 Acer B276HK ymjdprz 27-inch 4K Ultra HD/1 ASUS 21.5 LCD LED 21.5 monitor

budget?

seeing as how the 4K monitors are $2000 (CAD) each and we're getting 8 of them, I dont think there will be a limit for the GPU's lol

and it has to be low profile, (http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/AMD-Radeon-HD-8490-graphics-card-Radeon-HD-8490-1-GB/3118868.aspx) like that with the shorter bracket since they got those dell slim PC's (optiplex 9020 small form factor I believe)

A GTX 970 is horrible if he is going to be doing 3D modeling 

No 3D modelling, its all just 2D lines and symbols, except its a map of the entire city

The Quadro NVS510 is the first thing that comes to mind for CAD work, it had 4 mini DP ports so could in theory do 4x 4k monitors.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

FirePro W4100

It's only a one slot card, super cheap, supports up to 3x 4K displays at 60Hz or up to 4x 4K displays at 30Hz.

Even the FirePro W2100 supports two displays at 4K. But only at 30Hz afaik.

No 3D modelling, its all just 2D lines and symbols, except its a map of the entire city

That workload yells Quadro! ^_^

Or FirePro too :P

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

oh ok, then yes I would look into some quadro and firepro cards

PC is alive again! :System: CPU:Intel i5 4960k/ Motherboard:ASUS Gryphon Z97/ RAM: Kingston 16GB/ GPU: ASUS R9 Fury X/ Storage: 120gb Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate SSHD/ PSU: Cooler Master 700w/ Displays: 1 Acer B276HK ymjdprz 27-inch 4K Ultra HD/1 ASUS 21.5 LCD LED 21.5 monitor

Try to tell them Fury X is the only way

but I believe any R9 200 series GPU with at least 2 DP should do it fine

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

Try to tell them Fury X is the only way

but I believe any R9 200 series GPU with at least 2 DP should do it fine

it's only 2 Monitors per PC, so there's 4 stations getting the 2x4K treatment lol... I'll suggest new PC's with a 5960X, 128GB of RAM and quad Titan X's ... let's see how that goes :P

it's only 2 Monitors per PC, so there's 4 stations getting the 2x4K treatment lol... I'll suggest new PC's with a 5960X, 128GB of RAM and quad Titan X's ... let's see how that goes :P

you can always try ;)

but on the topic, look for a quadro or firepro in whatever price range you have for the cards, the majority are low profile and would support the resolution you are wanting. 

OAS || AAS || LLS

We got a new lab in university with dual monitor setups with 5960X, 64GB RAM and some quadro of firepro GPU.

They will be set up in september

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

you can always try ;)

but on the topic, look for a quadro or firepro in whatever price range you have for the cards, the majority are low profile and would support the resolution you are wanting. 

okay awesome, I just want something faster than the HD 8490's that are in it. A Lot of times its just painfully slow, and when the program is rolled out, when we need to use the program, we can't afford it to take a long time (30+ seconds) to render when we pan over 1 inch lol

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

Fury X since it beats the 980ti in 4k and can be OC'd on water cooling.

Or Firepro / Quadro :P

Regular human bartender...Jackie Daytona.