Help with Clevo P650SE?

flamer7

Hey there guys, I just bought the clevo p650se and installed windows 7 on it. However, as there is no disk drive, and I dont not have an external one, I can't use the windows 7 disc drivers that come with it. Can someone give me advice on how to start everything?

Hey there guys, I just bought the clevo p650se and installed windows 7 on it. However, as there is no disk drive, and I dont not have an external one, I can't use the windows 7 disc drivers that come with it. Can someone give me advice on how to start everything?

You can download the ISO from microsoft directly and create a usb stick

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-recovery

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I already installed Windows 7

Sorry you meant the drivers >< my mistake

everything you need will be on each companies site, eg graphics drivers from nvidia, intel chipset stuff from intel, 

if not, if you have any other PC in the house, copy the driver disk to a usb stick

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Sorry you meant the drivers >< my mistake

everything you need will be on each companies site, eg graphics drivers from nvidia, intel chipset stuff from intel, 

if not, if you have any other PC in the house, copy the driver disk to a usb stick

Aye, one question though. when installing intel chipset, at hm87, it got stuck for a long time, so i cancelled the installation. Is it supposed to take really long or ?

Aye, one question though. when installing intel chipset, at hm87, it got stuck for a long time, so i cancelled the installation. Is it supposed to take really long or ?

It can take a while, its  not 100% essential to install though,

if you have another computer you can copy the files onto an external harddrive and then run it off that, thats what i did :)

It can take a while, its  not 100% essential to install though,

if you have another computer you can copy the files onto an external harddrive and then run it off that, thats what i did :)

Do you guys know how to calibrate the best display for the laptop? Looks abit blurry coming from a rMbp, or is it normal?

Do you guys know how to calibrate the best display for the laptop? Looks abit blurry coming from a rMbp, or is it normal?

What display did you order

It's an IPS Matte LCD

That didnt help :P they do a few versions, what resolution? if its 1080p thats an understandable reason to be less sharp than your retina display, if its 4k then it should be as sharp if not sharper

That didnt help :P they do a few versions, what resolution? if its 1080p thats an understandable reason to be less sharp than your retina display, if its 4k then it should be as sharp if not sharper

haha sorry, its a 1080p. Everything's pretty damn sharp, I guess coming from a retina display you would feel abit weird, but I'll get used to it

haha sorry, its a 1080p. Everything's pretty damn sharp, I guess coming from a retina display you would feel abit weird, but I'll get used to it

Yeah retina display is quite a bit higher resolution, will just take time to get used to

Yeah retina display is quite a bit higher resolution, will just take time to get used to

Yeah I guess so, thanks for the help shadowcaptain!

Sorry, one more thing. I have a ssd+hdd, and whenever I install something it prioritises installing the the ssd, which is small. Is there anyway I can get it to always install in the HDD instead?

Sorry, one more thing. I have a ssd+hdd, and whenever I install something it prioritises installing the the ssd, which is small. Is there anyway I can get it to always install in the HDD instead?

I dont know about making everything do it by default

I just manually choose where I want my files to be installed, when you install the program just change the file path

For steam origin its much easier, create a directory for your other drives, when you install the game there is a drop down list

I dont know about making everything do it by default

I just manually choose where I want my files to be installed, when you install the program just change the file path

For steam origin its much easier, create a directory for your other drives, when you install the game there is a drop down list

Ah okay, no prob. thanks!

You could try upscaling it

Other than selecting it each time for each download/install im not too sure if there is somewhere to set the default.  :(

- I am no match for ShadowCaptains response times. GG. 

- I am no match for ShadowCaptains response times. GG. 

sorry

not sorry

I have this laptop as well. I'm assuming you have the sager rebrand? if not look up sager np8651 its the same laptop and they host drivers online. As for the blurry go to your screen resolution and change the dpi scaling to 100% makes it much better imo. I think windows defaulted at 125% on mine.

I have this laptop as well. I'm assuming you have the sager rebrand? if not look up sager np8651 its the same laptop and they host drivers online. As for the blurry go to your screen resolution and change the dpi scaling to 100% makes it much better imo. I think windows defaulted at 125% on mine.

I already had it at 100%, but thanks for this. I'll slowly, but hopefully quickly, get used to it. :)

In case you need drivers again, they are available at http://www.clevo.com/clevo_down.asp?lang=en

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

In case you need drivers again, they are available at http://www.clevo.com/clevo_down.asp?lang=en

sorry

not sorry

Few more things, on the right side, the usb port beside the SIM tray doesn't work, while the two others do. Is it my drivers, or is it simply not working? And, whenever I install synaptics driver, it says synaptics 64bit enhancements has stopped working. I can move the mouse with the touchpad, left and right click, but nothing else! I can't scroll, zoom etc.

And, for some reason, the GPU indicator constantly shows that my dGPU is being used, even from windows boot screen to current use! Why is this happening? I have drivers for both nvidia and intel graphics

MySN and Eurocom have drivers on their sites, but some drivers better be the updated ones - like Nvidia drivers

Few more things, on the right side, the usb port beside the SIM tray doesn't work, while the two others do. Is it my drivers, or is it simply not working? And, whenever I install synaptics driver, it says synaptics 64bit enhancements has stopped working. I can move the mouse with the touchpad, left and right click, but nothing else! I can't scroll, zoom etc.

And, for some reason, the GPU indicator constantly shows that my dGPU is being used, even from windows boot screen to current use! Why is this happening? I have drivers for both nvidia and intel graphics

Try contacting your Clevo reseller. They should be able to fix this for you. Did Windows come installed on your machine? And in case you think you got the wrong drivers, you can buy a cheap external DVD reader/burner and run the autorun setup from the disk itself, or just copy it out on another machine and run it from a flash drive.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap