How do console manufacturers deal with broken processors?

So from my limited understanding of processor manufacturing (correct me if I'm wrong) I understand that some processors come out with certain defects and then these are seperated into the different processor models from the types of issues they have but surely with consoles where every processor has to be the same then how do they manage to pull it off without vast expense or all of the consoles coming out with different performance? If someone has an answer that would be great  :)

Often what they do is put it at a clock speed where most of the chips can run at, at the expense of gimping the better performing chips. This is done with not only consoles but also CPU's for PC and gpu's

Often what they do is put it at a clock speed where most of the chips can run at, at the expense of gimping the better performing chips. This is done with not only consoles but also CPU's for PC and gpu's

and the ones that perform better are sold at a higher price

your profile pic my god

The spec used for the final console is not necessarily the "fully-enabled" chip, every console might have parts disabld to increase yields.

For example the Xbox One has 12 GPU units, but the chip itself actually has 14; two are disabled for yields on every console regardless of whether all 14 are working properly or not, so chips can have up to two defective units and still be good to go.

The ps3 had one of its 8 cpu cores disabled

The ps4 has 2 gpu units disabled

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R