Uninstall vs delete program files

Cs342

When I got a new SSD, I simply did a clean install of Windows 7 64-bit on it. However, I wanted to keep my hard drives for documents, music and video files so I simply right clicked on my entire program files folder and deleted it. I also deleted all the Windows files since I only need the hard drives for secondary storage. Is this a safe thing to do or should I have manually uninstalled every single program before installing the SSD?

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

When I got a new SSD, I simply did a clean install of Windows 7 64-bit on it. However, I wanted to keep my hard drives for documents, music and video files so I simply right clicked on my entire program files folder and deleted it. I also deleted all the Windows files since I only need the hard drives for secondary storage. Is this a safe thing to do or should I have manually uninstalled every single program before installing the SSD?

It's too late now, you'll get an error if you try to uninstall now. Many programs save data in other locations such as "My documents" and the roaming folder

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

well you have deleted the programs and the os which knew where the programs where so it isnt a problem cuz ur new os wont know anything about the old os
also did you leave ur username folder as it is? eg: Administrator which has your "My Documents" folder ect...?
well, if you did then you will want to delete all the folders and files related to the programs for example some games make folders in my documents to put save files
and in you appdata folder there will files and folders from programs you previously had make sure you delete that too

this is all essential if you want to save space even if it is a few Gb but for me that is atleast 30Gb(every bit counts)
=D

It is fine, your new windows on the SSD dont know anything about the old windows/programs on the old HDD.

The only thing is that you might not have deleted all that can be deleted on the old HDD. I would make a qick format of the old hdd and copy back the data from a backup.

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing

well you have deleted the programs and the os which knew where the programs where so it isnt a problem cuz ur new os wont know anything about the old os

also did you leave ur username folder as it is? eg: Administrator which has your "My Documents" folder ect...?

well, if you did then you will want to delete all the folders and files related to the programs for example some games make folders in my documents to put save files

and in you appdata folder there will files and folders from programs you previously had make sure you delete that too

this is all essential if you want to save space even if it is a few Gb but for me that is atleast 30Gb(every bit counts)

=D

It is fine, your new windows on the SSD dont know anything about the old windows/programs on the old HDD.

The only thing is that you might not have deleted all that can be deleted on the old HDD. I would make a qick format of the old hdd and copy back the data from a backup.

I si tnecessary to reformat? I have no external HDD so I will have to buy one which wastes time and money. If I don't reformat, will the drive be slow?  My SSD has all my OS files and programs so I'm not sure if I'll be able to tell the difference between unformatted and formatted since the HDD is only for secondary storage

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

I si tnecessary to reformat? I have no external HDD so I will have to buy one which wastes time and money. If I don't reformat, will the drive be slow?  My SSD has all my OS files and programs so I'm not sure if I'll be able to tell the difference between unformatted and formatted since the HDD is only for secondary storage

No, not necesarry to format, will not be slower. But you really need a solution for backup

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing