GTX 970 reference card temps

whiteturbo1
Go to solution Solved by blu4,

I don't think I was clear enough lol. What I'm saying is I bought the card but I didn't receive it yet, I'm just worried that it'll have heating problems because I heard a lot of people have had problems with the temperature of this card

Why didn't you say straight away..

"I just bought the gtx 970 reference card"- you forgot to add that it hasn't arrived yet. Anyway, the temperatures will be around 32C and will hit 80C under heavy load but it will be quiet.

Remember though- it won't kill itself. If the temps will go very high up for some unknown reason, the fan will kick to 100% and the card will fly away.

I just bought the gtx 970 reference card and I'm worried about it's temps, if any of you have a 970 reference card, can you please tell me your temps under load and in idle?

Thanks

What are you getting idle and under load?

That's what I'm asking people lol

That's what I'm asking people lol

Use a Monitoring tool and check out your temps then post them.

Evga Precision or MSI Afterburner are free and work well.

Tell us your temps first.

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

what are YOU getting, we needs numbers to compare against..

I know what's bad but I don't own one.

Use a Monitoring tool and check out your temps then post them.

Evga Precision or MSI Afterburner are free and work well.

Tell us your temps first.

I don't think I was clear enough lol. What I'm saying is I bought the card but I didn't receive it yet, I'm just worried that it'll have heating problems because I heard a lot of people have had problems with the temperature of this card

"I just bought the gtx 970 reference card"- you forgot to add that it hasn't arrived yet. Anyway, the temperatures will be around 32C and will hit 80C under heavy load but it will be quiet.

Remember though- it won't kill itself. If the temps will go very high up for some unknown reason, the fan will kick to 100% and the card will fly away.

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

Depends really, the temps aren't that high on the cards as far as I know they never go above 79c which isn't bad at all.

If your that concerned and want more information you could search up benchmarks on the card and see the temps.

People telling you their experience with the card before you use it isn't much helpful since we may have different builds and environments best to try it out for yourself first and then ask if you're worried (Anything above 80 C is worrying)

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

My bad, it was pretty clear in my head but thanks