Help!

steve nasty

So i built my computer about a year and a half ago. It's top of the line and my specs aren't relevant. Today when I started my computer, I opened up chrome and it didn't load my favorites. When I typed in a page, if froze and became unresponsive. Then I checked other programs, league of legends froze when opened, world of warships wouldn't connect to the update service, steam wouldn't connect, and the only program I've found so far that worked is Skype. Any ideas??

So i built my computer about a year and a half ago. It's top of the line and my specs aren't relevant. Today when I started my computer, I opened up chrome and it didn't load my favorites. When I typed in a page, if froze and became unresponsive. Then I checked other programs, league of legends froze when opened, world of warships wouldn't connect to the update service, steam wouldn't connect, and the only program I've found so far that worked is Skype. Any ideas??

.........specs are relevant. 

corruption or hard drive issue is my guess. 

.........specs are relevant.

corruption or hard drive issue is my guess.

I7-4770k, gigabyte 970 4gb, 8gb corsair vengeance ram, 1tb wd black, 240 Gb pny ssd, and so on. I've safe booted, now chrome will work so I guess it's a startup task?

I7-4770k, gigabyte 970 4gb, 8gb corsair vengeance ram, 1tb wd black, 240 Gb pny ssd, and so on. I've safe booted, now chrome will work so I guess it's a startup task?

run a memtest, when my memory went bad it gave me all sorts of problems...

Initial hunch from me is the memory.

It honestly sounds fairly random to me.

Hmm okay. I'll see what I can do, considering I don't have memtest installed on my computer

Welp I just did a memory diagnostic, looked around at some crap and restarted and now it's okay. Rest in peace

Welp I just did a memory diagnostic, looked around at some crap and restarted and now it's okay. Rest in peace

"Just turn it off and back on again."

Such a silly thing works more often than you'd think. And this makes me it really was the memory that was acting up. And that clearing it fixed any issued you had.

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i Mobo:  Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X 32GB 2133 Storage #1: 1TB 850 EVO SSD Storage #2: Western Digital Black 2TB Storage #3: Western Digital Green 4TB GPU: Gigabyte 980 Ti G1 Case: Mastercase5 PSU: EVGA 750 W G2 80+Gold Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite Monitor: LG 34UM94 Headset: Bose

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9

"Just turn it off and back on again."

Such a silly thing works more often than you'd think. And this makes me it really was the memory that was acting up. And that clearing it fixed any issued you had.

I sure hope so. Thank you! Oh and real quick, just to learn. What made you think it was memory related??

I sure hope so. Thank you! Oh and real quick, just to learn. What made you think it was memory related??

It was my first thought too when I just read the topic.  Unresponsive programs is usually memory-related. 

It could have been a corruption of a system file, but that is unlikely to have these symptoms (the PC is more likely to bluescreen then)

The amount of issues you had with different programs. If it was a software issue, then it would normally only happen to a particular program.

Sounds like issues with pagefile. More so if its fine after restart.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv