I pulled a Linus.

hellyt6

So I took my laptop out in the rain yesterday on accident, no big deal, didn't have it out but maybe 5 minutes, but of course, a little bit of water seeps in I guess and I get it back home and it won't turn on. So, I left it over an HVAC vent over night, work up this morning, took it apart and tamped it dry with a coffee filter and it works! It works! CMOS battery is entirely drained though, so I think that's what got wet. But yeah! If you need the laptop within a day or two, and it's not feasible to let it dry for a week straight, use a coffee filter and dry it off by gently tamping on the motherboard. Make sure you're grounded though.

Current Build: Intel i5-3570k @3.8GHz; MSI-Z77-G41; 8GB Corsair Ballistix @1600MHz; EVGA SSC GTX 650TI 2GB; Adata SX900 128GB; Western Digital Green 1TB; Asus CD burner; Corsair HX750 750 Watt power supply; Cooler Master HAF-912.

Who needs grounding when you have socks and sandals?

CPU: i7 5820K @ 4.00GHz Mobo: ASUS X99-DELUXE LGA 2011-v3RAM: Corsair LPX 64GB Quad-Channel DDR4 @ 2400MHzGPU: GTX 970 x2 SLI | Storage: 250 GB AMD SSD x 4 Raid 0