Bottleneck?

Go to solution Solved by Ramontes,

i have 4690k and it bottlenecks my titan x i get lower score than someone with 970 like wtf.

i think i'll go with the temporary solution for sure then considering resolution and your response

I have an i5 2310 and my GPU recently died (HD 6950) I was already saving money for a high end PC  I could just do a quick solution and buy a used gpu for 50-100 dollars or just buy the GPU I want for the PC being a 980ti or titan. The CPU has 4 cores and 4 threads so I dont think it would limit the GPU but I want some other people's opinions because I am no Expert.

I would say go ahead and buy the newer GPU, even if it bottlenecks it will still perform much better than some 100 dollar gpu.

i have 4690k and it bottlenecks my titan x i get lower score than someone with 970 like wtf.

LIVE FREE, SKATE FREE OR DIE....I PROMISE NOT TO BUY AMD PRODUCTS I WILL NOT BUY AMD PRODUCTS .

Go for it dude.. yur CPU should be enough to take advantage of your new GPU.

as of right now i have a 720p display so and I still have ways to go in terms of budget although i could buy the gpu right now s

Unless you are able to sell that temperary gpu for the same amount you bought it at, I think it would be best to go ahead and buy the 980ti and then focus on getting the rest of the new rig. Buying the 100 dollar gpu will just lock up that money until/if you sell it.

Unless you are able to sell that temperary gpu for the same amount you bought it at, I think it would be best to go ahead and buy the 980ti and then focus on getting the rest of the new rig. Buying the 100 dollar gpu will just lock up that money until/if you sell it.

probably wouldnt sell it and put it in a micro atx build for a family member to be honest

i think i'll go with the temporary solution for sure then considering resolution and your response

There's no way a 4690k is throttling a titan, its one of the best gaming cpus out on the market. fwdkiller, you likely have a video driver issue

why not just buy a 970 or a gtx 670/680 those are fairly cheap now.i would say 5 years down the road you will be needing a beefed up cpu and card. as of right now it alls depends if you playing in 4k or 1080p. you don't need a titan x wait for 4k to be mainstream save money and upgrade your system down the road.

LIVE FREE, SKATE FREE OR DIE....I PROMISE NOT TO BUY AMD PRODUCTS I WILL NOT BUY AMD PRODUCTS .

There's no way a 4690k is throttling a titan, its one of the best gaming cpus out on the market. fwdkiller, you likely have a video driver issue

no sorry wanna see my benchmarks?

no sorry wanna see my benchmarks?

Sure, you can post them. Will they mean much? No.

There's another Titan X + 4690k owner in this thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334013-will-a-4690k-bottleneck-a-titan-x/

and he does not experience any bottlenecking. You have an issue that is driver related. Or you have some faulty hardware.

heres my benchmark in my other computer but i couldn't find the one with 4690k in so i found one with 4670k i did a few days ago.

heres my benchmark in my other computer but i couldn't find the one with 4690k in so i found one with 4670k i did a few days ago.

post-88872-0-86172500-1436164419_thumb.p

You didn't link anything

i know for a fact its not card i had tested with 5930k and a 5960x and benchmarks was throught the roof.

Thats not right at all. Here's a benchmark with the exact same hardware.

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/6355117

PLJYKYc.jpg

You didn't link anything

i posted look above.

Thats not right at all. Here's a benchmark with the exact same hardware.

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/6355117

PLJYKYc.jpg

thtas firestrike regular firestike not fire strike ultra

thtas firestrike regular firestike not fire strike ultra

edit: woops ignore this, linked the wrong ones.

here my other benchmarks

post-88872-0-53520700-1436164969_thumb.p

remember none of my hardware are overclocked this is pure stock.