WIFI USB Stick Overheating...

SuspiciousBadger

I use a WIFI USB stick on my desktop PC (Parents won't allow ethernet cable running through the house and when I bought the stick I didn't have enough money for powerline so I bought this 20 euro stick). It works fine until I use it for more than an hour. As soon as this happens it overheats causing the internet speeds to be terribly low (So you get an idea my ping will go from 30 to a massive and constant 12000 on League of Legends), and I very sure you can imagine that this is horrible.

So is there anyway I can stop it from overheating? I thought of getting a 2 euro USB fan and put it next to the WIFI stick but I doubt it would be effective enough.

Please help me so I can play video games in the hot summer days :D

Every Single WIfi usb stick i have encountered is always been warm or hot after long use.

Order of what to do

1.Ethernet 

2. powerline

3. pci card

Save up 

Buy once, Buy Right

Don't waste time/money

I use a WIFI USB stick on my desktop PC (Parents won't allow ethernet cable running through the house and when I bought the stick I didn't have enough money for powerline so I bought this 20 euro stick). It works fine until I use it for more than an hour. As soon as this happens it overheats causing the internet speeds to be terribly low (So you get an idea my ping will go from 30 to a massive and constant 12000 on League of Legends), and I very sure you can imagine that this is horrible.

So is there anyway I can stop it from overheating? I thought of getting a 2 euro USB fan and put it next to the WIFI stick but I doubt it would be effective enough.

Xenofen

Put a heatsink on it? 

Xenofen

Take it out of the plastic housing if possible.

But be carefull.

Put a heatsink on it? 

Small heatsinks exist, they're often used on USB miners (bitcoin miners and so on...).

If it isn't already, put it in the front panel of your case
Otherwise, i'd suggest a PCI/PCI-E card which will make use of cooling within your case as well as be larger.

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

If it isn't already, put it in the front panel of your case

Otherwise, i'd suggest a PCI/PCI-E card which will make use of cooling within your case as well as be larger.

Just moved to a new house and I have been having issues with the routers wifi being unstable as hell, ill be upgrading to powerline soon just need a job lol