$150-200 card for my build

theorangeninja23

Build looks solid but I would recommend you to pick R9 380 as it perform better compared to GTX 960 in most games.

Price should be around the same.

Is this a gaming build? If it is then I would get a locked i5 4440 with an h81 board and with the saved money get a much better gpu along the lines of an r9 290 or gtx 970.

Is this a gaming build? If it is then I would get a locked i5 4440 with an h81 board and with the saved money get a much better gpu along the lines of an r9 290 or gtx 970.

Game development and gaming

Game development and gaming

Then I wouldn't change it. The 380 costs about 15-20$ more and is about 5% faster, disregarding the fact that the gtx 960 overclocks much better (since tonga isn't a great overclocker).

Then I wouldn't change it. The 380 costs about 15-20$ more and is about 5% faster, disregarding the fact that the gtx 960 overclocks much better (since tonga isn't a great overclocker).

It is true that GTX 960 overlocks a lot better however the performance from overclocking GTX 960 is not scaling well unlike on GTX 970 or GTX 980.

If OP will be overclocking then he will squeeze a lot more performance from R9 380 rather than from GTX 960. (In theory because there will be silicon lotery involved).