Are my Integrated graphics enough?

doctorraichu

I am getting the new A10-7870k APU, and one game I would like to play is elite: dangerous at low settings. The minimum requirements say that i need HD 4870 greephics, so is it enough?

Yeah I bet you can bump it up to medium or high settings

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.

I am getting the new A10-7870k APU, and one game I would like to play is elite: dangerous at low settings. The minimum requirements say that i need HD 4870 greephics, so is it enough?

Probably but make sure you get the fastest ram you can, that makes a big difference with APUs.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

Yeah I bet you can bump it up to medium or high settings

But I care more about framerate than greephics.

Probably but make sure you get the fastest ram you can, that makes a big difference with APUs.

^ This. 

Also note the 7870K is a factory overclocked 7850K... not really worth the extra cost.

"Rawr XD"

^ This. 

Also note the 7870K is a factory overclocked 7850K... not really worth the extra cost.

Sooo, 1600 won't do?

At least 1866 is recommended. If you can do 2133 or 2400 that's even better

Will it be unplayable? Elite dangerous is WAY more graphically demanding than the games I play.

Will it be unplayable? Elite dangerous is WAY more graphically demanding than the games I play.

jaystwocents has a video about amd apu + various speed of ram, he got almost double the fps in battlefield just from jumping from 1600 (or 1333 I don't remember) to 2400 (although I think he said 2133 was basically the same as 2400), so definitely get at least 2133mhz ram, because your system ram is your vram as well, and you want to have as much memory bandwidth as possible so you need fast ram cause ddr3 only has like 64bit bus I think

7870k = R7 250

Just make sure to get 2x 4GB 2400 MHz RAM, dont get just one stick. Use two.

Pair the 7870k with an A88X board and you should be able to OC it fairly well.

For cooling use either a Hyper212 EVO or a Corsair H60 radiator

then, if you get lags, just bump your GPU (that would be Northbridge-Core on ASrock boards) voltage and frequancy up.

Overclocking an APU is hit or miss. But if you manage to get 4.1 GHz core and 1050MHz iGPU, then you should have a monster of a chip that will perform admirably.

EDIT.

IF you need help overclocking or setting up an APU build then PM ME. Ive built two 7850k systems and overclocked them, albeit mildly. So, depending on the mobo vendor you choose (i got my experience with ASrock A88X boards), ill help you as best as possible.