Skype Please click here

lovingGamer
Go to solution Solved by Blebekblebek,

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-desktop-client/How-do-I-make-my-contact-information-private/td-p/3625021

unfortunately this is known problem since .... well since how long god knows

and they have no intention to add filter or privacy setup, not even after microsoft took them over

I suggest to switch for another software

personally I've used 3 others which available for android and computer

Viber (video call quality average)

Line (video quality often low)

Hangout (Best quality for video), and for one, this is my favourite one because I can actually screenshare my desktop. while on skype available for premium user only.

my family use viber, since it's very handy on android. and no spam message like line did.

Okay, someone has been sending some weird stuff to my mom on Skype..

So i was wondering how can i make her skype profile private..

Example: She can only search for her friends, but no one can search for her...

Its currently not possible to make your SKYPE account private. I can only suggest you block the random spam robots (The girls with random names).

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

I think there is setting which disallows people not on the contact list from sending IM's.

EDIT:

Here, go here, you know what to change probably. Just go to tools>setting>privacy>privacy settings>show advanced.

02bd1e366f.png

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-desktop-client/How-do-I-make-my-contact-information-private/td-p/3625021

unfortunately this is known problem since .... well since how long god knows

and they have no intention to add filter or privacy setup, not even after microsoft took them over

I suggest to switch for another software

personally I've used 3 others which available for android and computer

Viber (video call quality average)

Line (video quality often low)

Hangout (Best quality for video), and for one, this is my favourite one because I can actually screenshare my desktop. while on skype available for premium user only.

my family use viber, since it's very handy on android. and no spam message like line did.

Okay, someone has been sending some weird stuff to my mom on Skype..

So i was wondering how can i make her skype profile private..

Example: She can only search for her friends, but no one can search for her...

Can you get your mom to add me on Skype, I'll sort her out :)

you can solve this by NOT ADDING RANDOM ASS PEOPLE

Even if you dont add them they can still send a message via friend requests. I think this is what OP is talking about.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

you can solve this by NOT ADDING RANDOM ASS PEOPLE

nope, she was not adding any random people...

Even if you dont add them they can still send a message via friend requests. I think this is what OP is talking about.

exactly what i'm talking about

Can you get your mom to add me on Skype, I'll sort her out :)

Jerk... :P