Laptop CPU always seems to be underclocked? HELP

Go to solution Solved by farhan,

hey ive installed it , ive checked it out. but still its the same...

EDIT: Should i try updating my chipset drivers?

no i actually dont have the software.. im currently downloading. ill check it ut and let you know ... thanks!

Added more to my post.. check above plz.

He has, runs at 800mhz under load.

Could very well be a bios enabled power saving feature... that overrides Windows or plain does what it does regardless of what you tell windows.

Disable speedstep in Bios or use the software below (Don't know what its called, maybe already installed)

System information and diagnostics tools tell that processor works at half of speed.

SOLUTION: http://support.lenovo.com/au/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/flex-series/flex-2-14-notebook-lenovo/documents/HT062568?tabName=Solutions

This is a designed feature for all laptops having Intel Speed Step feature (currently - all Atom and Core 2 Duo-based processors except Celeron series). Processor will run at full speed only if heavy task is launched. If customer complains that even heavy tasks do not enable full speed of CPU, then Energy Management settings should be checked - some profiles have lowest CU speed enabled by default with no option to rise it until profile settings are changed. This is designed for power saving purposes.

Do you have this Software?

2ug08co.jpg

Note the MAX CPU speed being Auto.... set to High.

How to enter bios from Windows8 system

http://support.lenovo.com/au/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/flex-series/flex-2-14-notebook-lenovo/documents/HT101636?tabName=Solutions

found the problem.. apparently it was causing due to something called BD PROCOHOT. And i have used throttlestop to temporarily fix it.. bu t there should be a permanent fix or a bios level fix rather.