Job Interview Advise (ALSO SPELL ADVICE RIGHT)

Guest Philosophy

There's your problem. You should be using Old Spice (what real men use)

Also, be as professional as possible, try to be confident, at the end of the interview, ask the person interviewing you this:

"is there anything I could do better in interviews?". This isn't for the actual advice they may or may not give you, but it shows you have desire to do better, and aren't afraid to ask how. A lot of older people (who are probably interviewing you) will see this in a favorable way. It makes a personal impression on the person conducting the interview. When I worked at domino's, I saw my boss take a lot of applications from people (which is sort of an interview in and of itself) and I can say this, you have to make an impression. You come in like 90% of the people we saw, with piercings and tattoo's all over, hat on sideways, and pants around your knees (this wasn't a color thing btw, just a "don't look like a dumbass" thing) and you are going to make the wrong sort of profession.

You have to act and look like someone they will want to work with (whether or not you're handing in an application, or at an interview). Corporate types especially like people who have a desire to improve themselves. My dad would say "it shows drive, and determination". And he's been in management in manufacturing for about 30 years now.

Great advise, thank you! I was a professional in law enforcement, and honestly I feel like this transition is pretty solid one. 

No matter what, Never ever, EVER, OR EVEN NEVER  let them see your personal song lyrics..You'll be fine..

Sounds like a plan!

There's your problem. You should be using Old Spice (what real men use)

Also, be as professional as possible, try to be confident

I like Axe Scent. Old spice smells like old man to me. I already act enough like an old man :P. As for confidence, I have enough of it :)

I mean I shower everyday... I cannot smell that bad. 

I shower everyday ... But the weather here made me smell like sour cream at the end of the day ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

Great advise, thank you! I was a professional in law enforcement, and honestly I feel like this transition is pretty solid one. 

So you're 21 and you "worked" in Law enforcement for 6 years?  A cadet program doesn't make you a Police Officer.

So you're 21 and you "worked" in Law enforcement for 6 years?  A cadet program doesn't make you a Police Officer.

I never said I was a police officer for 6 years. I was in Law Enforcement for 6 years. I was a Sgt. Cadet which is still Law enforcement. I drove a a car that said Sheriff's Office on it, I work along side deputies and detectives etc. 

Smile (even if you do not agree with them in what they are saying)

My swag in GNU Fortran.

integer :: swag_level = 9999

I am a Free Software Developer. I run Trisquel GNU/Linux and I love Python, Fortran, GNU Modula, C and Lisp.

I handle some of the interviews for the department I work in.  Its a corporate job, but many of the same rules apply for anyone.

Depending on the position you applied for make sure you dress appropriately.

If its grunt work (car detailer, garage helper, errand monkey etc...) khakis with a collared shirt with clean shoes should be the minimum.

Administrative work (payroll, reception, behind the counter sales) swap the collared shirt for a button down one.

Higher level (management, car sales person etc...) Suit and tie.

Trim your nails, make sure your hair is managed, and arrive on time. Coming a few minutes early is good, but don't come in like 30 minutes early. 

Do your research on the company as well as the position in question. Ask good questions, but don't pester. Go over what the job would require of you in a typical day, and ask them about their training program.

If they ask you questions make sure you answer them and don't beat around the bush.

Try and come off as eager to work, but not needy.  Needy people aren't good hires as they typically will bail when something better comes along.  Nothing wrong with that, but it sucks for us trying to fill a job.

Taking notes is good, but make sure you tell them what you are doing. Its a good way to prevent yourself from asking the same questions, and odds are they are taking notes too.

Oh whatever you do make sure your job application paperwork is filled out neatly and more importantly COMPLETLEY.  An incomplete application is a good way to end up in the "no thanks" pile and not the "looks promising".  Because despite whatever impression you gave during the interview the person hiring will likely be sorting through the applications and make their decisions then. 

If I remember more i'll pass them along, but these are some of the many mistakes I've seen people make while we have interviewed them.

Good luck!