Building a computer fear

TA4LIFE

I am planning on building a computer during the summer and I have all the parts i want to buy ready and i am just waiting to collect the full budget from my job then i will buy everything and I will put it all together in 1-2 days. I have a massive fear were I feel that I am going to put everything together and then when I go to power on the computer it won't turn on. I am scared that I will not know what I need to do to fix the problem or if one of my parts is not working for me. Am i the only one with the fear of putting so much work into something and in the end have it not work? If you also share this feel and have over come post your story bellow.

relax. most of the time it works, other times it's easy to figure out why it doesn't.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Test all the parts outside of the case before you build in it to see if everything works. If you put everything together in the case and find out something doesn't work which is highly unlikely, it will be annoying to take everything out.

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.

Well I got a cut... once... while installing the I/O shield for Maximus board... it had a sharp edge inside the foamy part.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

dont worry man, were here if anything fails and its not that hard in the first place :) well help you if you cant figure it out! thats what the trouble shooting section is for!

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just like what was said above. Build it outside the case first. It doesn't take to long and you will know if everything works or not

if something doesn't work or your not sure what is going on then someone on here will definetly be able to help.

I had the same fear when I first started. I kept thinking it's alot of money to spend and if something goes wrong I wouldn't know what to do but it's alot easyer than you think and Google is always there to help lol

Corsair 900D, GTX 780, Maximus V Formula, 3770K, 4 x Sandisc SSD's, WD Black 2T, FrozenQ red helix res, Laing d5 pump,XSPC Raystorm, 480 Black Ice sr-1, XSPC RX240, XSPC White Tubing, 2 x koolance qd3 fittings and a butt load of corsair fans lol

corsair k70 keyboard and m65 mouse

It will work first off all if not, and you want to bail out you can probably sell your parts on eBay. I just built my pc a month a go and it went well and pretty smooth. Just watch pc building vids.

PC SPECS: CPU: i5 4460, MOBO: Asrock H97 Anniversary, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X 2x8GB, GPU: MSI Gaming R9 390 8GB, CASE: Cooler Master N200, Storage: 1TB WD Blue, PSU: Coasair CX600

Active Folder

I had a lot of fear of my first homebuilt. There is no greater sound of elation then a successful post code after you boot it up. Follow a solid guide, be careful and work on a good surface, and you'll be fine. Build outside the case (on the mobo box is great) keep your screws organized and then go for it. If you have trouble people here can help! Be cool and go with the flow!