How important is a side panel fan?

Cs342

I have just ordered a Corsair 600T White Edition case, and am very excited since I will be upgrading from an ancient CM 690 II Advanced (USB 3.0 at last :D) 

However, I noticed that there is no side panel fan slot on the 600T if you use the windowed panel. WIll this significantly impact graphics card cooling or is it fine?

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

I don't recommend them. They usually don't look great, they make it a hassle when accessing the side panel and are not needed if you plan your case airflow effectively

Can someone please provide a graph or something that proves it isn't necessary?

Also, how bout if I'm running something like a Corsair H100i at the top? That means that there won't actually be a top fan exhausting air out as it will be taken up by the fans pulling air through the H100i?

Side panel fans do add quite a bit of airflow for things like your GPU however they could also interfere with your cases airflow...

If it doesn't have a side fan now no need to add one, as long as you have a good airflow and static pressure you will be better off  ^_^

At most only like a 2c difference. Don't really need it. 

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

Depends on the quality of your fans....

Plenty of air can be pulled through the rad if you have good fans.

And there is a huge difference if you don't have good airflow in your case....

It all depends on the setup... Stating some factual number is impossible.

Depends on the quality of your fans....

Plenty of air can be pulled through the rad if you have good fans.

And there is a huge difference if you don't have good airflow in your case....

It all depends on the setup... Stating some factual number is impossible.

Could you recommend a good fan configuration for the Corsait 600T?

Apparently there's a huge difference?

http://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Side-Panel-Fans-Are-They-Worth-It-102/

Also what would having an H100i on the top of my case do to my airflow?

H100i will do nothing to airflow and a side panel fan isnt worth it. 

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

I have a 600T black came with a mesh side panel for fans. I bought the clear side panel for the 600T used it for maybe a month the temps inside the case were hitting 90F-95F while gaming took it off put the mesh side panel with fans back on temps dropped to 80F-85F while gaming the 200mm Bitfenix Spetre Pro couldn't bring in that much air with all that mesh puls a dust filter.

Motherboard: MSI-990FXA-GD65 | CPU: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.3Ghz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 770 Lightning @ 1300Mhz CC and 8000Mhz MC | Case: Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 | PSU: Corsair AX850 | OS: Windows 8.1

So I'm getting some mixed responses here haha, is a side panel fan significantly useful or not?

So I'm getting some mixed responses here haha, is a side panel fan significantly useful or not?

It depends on your fan configuration, for example vic9mm case probably couldn't breath very well where adding the mesh fixed it.

I have a TT A90 with 2 120mm fans in front, one in back and a 220 on the top.

I had a side exhaust on for a while but ending up taking it off as the fan was noisy. I haven't noticed any change in temps but, my front fans also push a lot of air into it.

My bottom line, if you sidepanel has the mounts for the fans why not, if it doesn't no need to mod it or buy a new one.

At the end of the day its up to you and all situations are different.

On a related note, how does your GPU exhaust? Into the case or out the back? This could be the deciding factor TBH...

It depends on your fan configuration, for example vic9mm case probably couldn't breath very well where adding the mesh fixed it.

I have a TT A90 with 2 120mm fans in front, one in back and a 220 on the top.

I had a side exhaust on for a while but ending up taking it off as the fan was noisy. I haven't noticed any change in temps but, my front fans also push a lot of air into it.

My bottom line, if you sidepanel has the mounts for the fans why not, if it doesn't no need to mod it or buy a new one.

At the end of the day its up to you and all situations are different.

On a related note, how does your GPU exhaust? Into the case or out the back? This could be the deciding factor TBH...

I'm thinking of getting an MSI GTX 760 Gaming edition

They're not important.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

H100i will do nothing to airflow

Yes it can, it may act as an intake or exhaust, depending on how it is set up

Yes it can, it may act as an intake or exhaust, depending on how it is set up.

But won't that be drawing hotter air through the rad thereby reducing performance? And also, if the fans are mounted on top of the radiator exhausting, will it be strong enough to help with case airflow?

But won't that be drawing hotter air through the rad thereby reducing performance? And also, if the fans are mounted on top of the radiator exhausting, will it be strong enough to help with case airflow?

As I said earlier, it depends on how it is set up   ;)

From what I've heard, there isn't much of a difference between push and pull in terms of thermal performance

As I said earlier, it depends on how it is set up.  ;)

Can you teach me how to set it up then :)

Can you teach me how to set it up then :)

Because the front 200mm fan of the 600T may not be enough to independently act as an intake, I would suggest mounting the H100i as an intake with the fans above so as to hide their (in my opinion) unappealing stickers

Because the front 200mm fan of the 600T may not be enough to independently act as an intake, I would suggest mounting the H100i as an intake with the fans above so as to hide their (in my opinion) unappealing stickers.

Isnt that fighting natural airflow

Hmmm