upgrade thing, i kinda need help

Ok im goign to upgrade my PC in ~2 months and the budget will be exactly $761,21 as of posting this thread, i dont use dollars i use sek because im in sweden so i cant use amazon... but here is what i was thinking for an upgrade to my currnet rig:

Processor: AMD FX-6300 will be swaped for a inlel I5 4460, intel I5 4690K or intel Xeon E3-1231v3 there organized in order of expensiveness the Xeon being the most expensive, all other things will be listed as sutch too

Grafics: MSI OC GTX 750TI with some power problems because some drunk idiot working for MSI thought it would be a good idea to have it run from ongly the PCI-E slott and to OC it... will be swaped for a GTX 970, preferablt the Gigabyte G1 but other cheaper suggestion will be wellcome.

Mobo: 960gm-vgs3 fx will be swaped for a ASRock Z97 Anniversary

this is all to expensive and i also need to get a case that will cost me some to put the shit im throwing out in and its about $45... so any plans to make this cheaper or better for the same price will be much apritiated, this PC is for 1080p gaming and i want it to be able to run atleast medium setting in GTA-V and so on.

i have 8GB(1x8GB) of ram a 64GB ssd and a 1TB hdd but there staying unless someone manages to sneek in another stick of 8GB ram somehow... well any improvments/advice will be much apritiated also another question will i be able to keep using the copy of windows im using currenly on this computer or will i have to buy a new copy? because i can REALLY not aford to buy another copy of windows 7... :(

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Xeons are for workstation builds, So, unless you're doing some hardcore game design, you don't need it. The i5-4460 preforms almost just as well as the i5 4690k, but the 4690k has the ability to overclock if you really want that. But, I recommend the 4460 if you're trying to save money.

Unless you throw away your boot drive, you don't need to buy another copy of windows. You're good.

If you want to go with an AMD graphics card and your powersupply can handle it, I would recommend the R9 290/X or the R9 390/X if you can afford it.

Xeons are for workstation builds, So, unless you're doing some hardcore game design, you don't need it. The i5-4460 preforms almost just as well as the i5 4690k, but the 4690k has the ability to overclock if you really want that. But, I recommend the 4460 if you're trying to save money.

Unless you throw away your boot drive, you don't need to buy another copy of windows. You're good.

If you want to go with an AMD graphics card and your powersupply can handle it, I would recommend the R9 290/X or the R9 390/X if you can afford it.

ok but i heard that the Xeon listed was basicly the 4690K but locked and hyper threaded at a slightly lower clock speed, id like the OC but i dont need it and thanks for the boot drive thing :)

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

ok but i heard that the Xeon listed was basicly the 4690K but locked and hyper threaded at a slightly lower clock speed, id like the OC but i dont need it and thanks for the boot drive thing :)

No problem, I'm happy to help.

Also, the rainbow text is left of the smiley face on the top of the text box. It's like Word where you have to select a colour and click and drag to alter.

Xeon is basically a 4770k/4790k with no iGPU. Theyre great for the price.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Xeon is basically a 4770k/4790k with no iGPU. Theyre great for the price.

ok but is that mobo (the ASRock Z97 Anniversary) any good? its not that expensive, wich i like so is it ok?

Builds:

Spoiler

ok but is that mobo any good? its not that expensive, wich i like so is it ok?

Yeh should work fine.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Yeh should work fine.

ok thank you :)

Builds:

Spoiler

Can I make some changes to your plans please? If you can then consider the R9 290, it is cheaper than the GTX970 and performs better than it too. This may not be an option depending on the pricing of the R9 290 in Sweden. Also, get the Core i5 4690K, it's cheaper than the Xeon as per your own admission, and has the advantage of overclocking.

You will be able to reuse your copy of Windows, I've used the same copy of Windows 7 since I got it in 2011 and have used it on 2 different builds so don't worry about it.

I would leave the RAM for now, you'll not see much advantage in games for the time being with more RAM, so save yourself some money and stick with 8GB, yes it will only run in single channel mode, but you will most likely never notice the difference in performance that dual channel gives, and once you have a bit more money then upgrade then.

As for a case, take a look at the Fractal Design Core series, the 3000 series are very cheap and quite well built, but case choice is a personal thing so if you don't like it then don't be afraid to get something else.

If anyone can provide prices for the above components in SEK along with stores in Sweden that carry those parts that would be great, as I am not Swedish and don't know the pricing of things there.

CPU: Core i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz | MB: Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX @ 1866MHz | GPU: XFX DD R9 390 | Case: Fractal Design Define S | Storage: 500GB Samsung 850 EVO + WD Caviar Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM650x | Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium
Click here to help feed our lasses Pokemon

Can I make some changes to your plans please? If you can then consider the R9 290, it is cheaper than the GTX970 and performs better than it too. This may not be an option depending on the pricing of the R9 290 in Sweden. Also, get the Core i5 4690K, it's cheaper than the Xeon as per your own admission, and has the advantage of overclocking.

You will be able to reuse your copy of Windows, I've used the same copy of Windows 7 since I got it in 2011 and have used it on 2 different builds so don't worry about it.

I would leave the RAM for now, you'll not see much advantage in games for the time being with more RAM, so save yourself some money and stick with 8GB, yes it will only run in single channel mode, but you will most likely never notice the difference in performance that dual channel gives, and once you have a bit more money then upgrade then.

As for a case, take a look at the Fractal Design Core series, the 3000 series are very cheap and quite well built, but case choice is a personal thing so if you don't like it then don't be afraid to get something else.

If anyone can provide prices for the above components in SEK along with stores in Sweden that carry those parts that would be great, as I am not Swedish and don't know the pricing of things there.

this was usefull ok i have the pricing of the parts listed in sek here in swededn(just use a currency calculator or something)

Gigabyte G1 GTX 970: 3770kr
Asus Radeon R9 290 DirectCU II OC HDMI DP 2xDVI 4GB: 2890 kr 

inlel I5 4460: 1869kr
intel I5 4690K: 2290kr
intel Xeon E3-1231v3: 2576kr

ASRock Z97 anniversary: 855kr

fractal design core 1000: 418 kr

these prices include shipping to my door seing as noone sells them in store anymore... these prices were found using http://www.prisjakt.nu wich is the best way to find the lowest price off stuff here in sweden (sek=kr)

*edit*

the ongly reson id ever get the extra ram is because i like to run some stuff like chrome, skype and spotify in the backround when playing games and it can eat up more than 4 GB at times...

Builds:

Spoiler

this was usefull ok i have the pricing of the parts listed in sek here in swededn(just use a currency calculator or something)

Gigabyte G1 GTX 970: 3770kr
Asus Radeon R9 290 DirectCU II OC HDMI DP 2xDVI 4GB: 2890 kr 

inlel I5 4460: 1869kr
intel I5 4690K: 2290kr
intel Xeon E3-1231v3: 2576kr

ASRock Z97 anniversary: 855kr

fractal design core 1000: 418 kr

these prices include shipping to my door seing as noone sells them in store anymore... these prices were found using http://www.prisjakt.nu wich is the best way to find the lowest price off stuff here in sweden (sek=kr)

Yeah definitely get the R9 290, the i5 4690K and the Asrock z97 Anniversary, but try and stretch to a higher end model of the Fractal Design Core series if you can, I've used the Core 1000 for a family build and it's okay, but it's very limited in what you can fit in it and has zero room for cable management, but it is very very quiet and seems to deal with dusty environments extremely well, at least in my personal experience.

Although that works out to 6453 SEK (US $777) which is a little bit above what you said you could afford, but only by about US $16, so if you can stretch to those parts then go for it, you won't be disappointed.

Edit:

The Core 1000 case won't fit that motherboard, I just remembered that the Core 1000 only takes mATX and the Z97 Anniversary is ATX, so you will have to find a different case unfortunately. :(

CPU: Core i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz | MB: Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX @ 1866MHz | GPU: XFX DD R9 390 | Case: Fractal Design Define S | Storage: 500GB Samsung 850 EVO + WD Caviar Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM650x | Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium

Yeah definitely get the R9 290, the i5 4690K and the Asrock z97 Anniversary, but try and stretch to a higher end model of the Fractal Design Core series if you can, I've used the Core 1000 for a family build and it's okay, but it's very limited in what you can fit in it and has zero room for cable management, but it is very very quiet and seems to deal with dusty environments extremely well, at least in my personal experience.

Although that works out to 6453 SEK (US $777) which is a little bit above what you said you could afford, but only by about US $16, so if you can stretch to those parts then go for it, you won't be disappointed.

thanks for the help :)

Builds:

Spoiler

thanks for the help :)

You're welcome, but I edited my post with some additional information regarding the case, it's mATX only, the Z97 Anniversary is ATX, you will have to use a different case unfortunately :(

What about the Core 2300? That's ATX, and is roughly the same price as the Core 1000, at least, in the UK it is, you might find that one a better case if you can stretch to it.

You're welcome, but I edited my post with some additional information regarding the case, it's mATX only, the Z97 Anniversary is ATX, you will have to use a different case unfortunately :(

well the case is to put my old shit in :P i might have forgoten to write that in the post but thanks for the input, my current mobo is m-atx so i went with the cheapest opton :3

Builds:

Spoiler

well the case is to put my old shit in :P i might have forgoten to write that in the post but thanks for the input, my current mobo is m-atx so i went with the cheapest opton :3

Ah, I see, well in that case (pun intended) go for it.

Enjoy your new system when you get it up and running, it'll be a great rig and should last you a very long time :)

Ah, I see, well in that case (pun intended) go for it.

Enjoy your new system when you get it up and running, it'll be a great rig and should last you a very long time :)

well thanks for evrything and im going to be posting a build log on here probably when i get the parts :) have a good day

Builds:

Spoiler