Bottle neck help/ What should i upgrade next

Go to solution Solved by Soulsie,

what games?

GTA 5 and such

Yeah that would be your cpu bottlenecking the 970.

Well reinstalling Windows might make a difference. But if you want to take more advantage of the 970 and you really have an upgrade itch, then I suggest a CPU and motherboard upgrade.

AMD CPU's are not ideal for heavy gaming, upgrade that to a good i5 (or i7 if you need HyperThreading).

Noted.

What CPU would ya'll suggest for a decent price, that can handle gta 5 in nice graphics.

Anyhow, thanks for the answers :D  

Hey everybody, this is my first post so i dunno if this is the right place to do it  :huh:

Anyhow, my computer has been running slow lately and i was wondering what to do. I cleaned my pc, both inside and out. And i ofcourse tried turning it on and off again ;)

I play a ton of games, mostly tripple A titels, so it can be quite demanding if i wont an acceptable FPS and nice graphics. 

Specs

GPU: GTX 970

CPU: AMD FX-6100 Six cores

Ram: 8.00 Gb (7.98 useable)

Tell me if you need other info

Is there anything i should upgrade next and where is there any bottlenecks. 

Money is not an issue, som suggest what ever you think i need  :)

- Soulsie

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

Well reinstalling Windows might make a difference. But if you want to take more advantage of the 970 and you really have an upgrade itch, then I suggest a CPU and motherboard upgrade.

AMD CPU's are not ideal for heavy gaming, upgrade that to a good i5 (or i7 if you need HyperThreading).

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

what games?

GTA 5 and such

Noted.

What CPU would ya'll suggest for a decent price, that can handle gta 5 in nice graphics.

GTA 5 and such

Noted.

If you are just gaming, get an i5. Get an ####K version if you want to overclock.

If you have other uses and you think you need an i7:

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

I've never tried overclocking anything, cause im scared i'm gonna break it  :wacko: