Choosing a monitor, advice needed

hi guys,

i need some advice to buy a monitor. i'm sitting in the 250-350€ (i'm from portugal) price range. is for my room, i'm using a 19 inch 1280x1024 display, so as you can see i need a upgrade. So i stumble upon 2 monitors that i like, both 25 inch, Dell ultrasharp 2515h QHD and a LG 25UB55-b (ultrawide FHD). i think 25 inch is a nice size for my room and wallet. :D

My pc has a devil's canion i7 and a gtx 970, for gaming i can handle both monitors.

my doubt relys on the fact that i use my pc mainly for a musical software and watch various types of entertainement, like series and movies.

their both 25 inch, even though they have different aspect ratio the ppi isn't much different.

the extra horizontal space o the ultrawide would give me some advantage in multitasking but can be a bit strange while watching youtube and other tthings.

should i go with wich? does the ultrawide seem smaller compared to the same size but with different aspecty ratio? or is it much smarter to have a 16:9 QHD, is it good for multitasking?

Cheers,

P.S: i was discussing this with my girlfriend, and i came across a paradox with a simple analogy.... so pardon my french.. remember humor :D

my monitor analogy:

my question is, would you like to have a smaller penis but thicker or a thin but taller penis? even though their the same size :D

=mind blowing=

i laughed for hours with her xD