Sony Vegas Pro 13 or Adobe Premiere Pro CC

I need a new video editing software as I lost my Premiere Pro CS6 when I reformatted my hard drive...

Question being, is Sony Vegas Pro 13 as good as Premiere Pro? I have lots of experience with Premiere and know it pretty well but I don't really want to pay so much per month for CC. Would Vegas work alright?

I do small to medium video editing projects for fun and I've got a couple weddings lined up as well. I never really used After Effects and for audio, I use Cubase 7.5. What I feel like I'll miss the most is Warp Stabilizer. It works so well. Does Vegas have an equivalent that works just as well?

Thanks everyone!

CPU: Ryzen R7 1700X Motherboard: ASRock X370 Gaming K4 CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 RAM: Crucial 32GB 12400Mhz GPU: Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Edition

SSD: PNY 240GB HDD: Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ Case: NZXT S340 Display: Dell P2416D

Camera: Samsung NX1 Audio: Tascam DR-40 Mic: Rode NTG2

Interface: Focusrite 18i20 Monitors: Event 20/20's Mic: Blue Bluebird DAW: Steinberg's Cubase 7.5, Adobe Audition CC

Guitar: MIM Fender Stratocaster Amp: Peavey Classic Chorus 212 Pedals: Dunlop High Gain Volume, Big Muff Germanium Pi, Boss DD-3 Delay, Roland Tuner

Vegas has Stablizer control

i love it.

obs not as good as Premire with after effects.

but still gets job done

download trial and try it.

Ahh, a trial... why didn't I think of that? Woops! I'll give it a whirl :)

CPU: Ryzen R7 1700X Motherboard: ASRock X370 Gaming K4 CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 RAM: Crucial 32GB 12400Mhz GPU: Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Edition

SSD: PNY 240GB HDD: Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ Case: NZXT S340 Display: Dell P2416D

Camera: Samsung NX1 Audio: Tascam DR-40 Mic: Rode NTG2

Interface: Focusrite 18i20 Monitors: Event 20/20's Mic: Blue Bluebird DAW: Steinberg's Cubase 7.5, Adobe Audition CC

Guitar: MIM Fender Stratocaster Amp: Peavey Classic Chorus 212 Pedals: Dunlop High Gain Volume, Big Muff Germanium Pi, Boss DD-3 Delay, Roland Tuner

Hey man just a question. Does adobe premiere runs smooth for you? For I have problem about video playback when I start adding color correction and included effects that comes with the program with the exception of filmconvert. I can't view the effects that I added to the video because the video playback in the program is really lagging hard for me. I'm on cs5.5 and I tested cs6 but still the same problem. Any solutions?

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

Hey man just a question. Does adobe premiere runs smooth for you? For I have problem about video playback when I start adding color correction and included effects that comes with the program with the exception of filmconvert. I can't view the effects that I added to the video because the video playback in the program is really lagging hard for me. I'm on cs5.5 and I tested cs6 but still the same problem. Any solutions?

This does not sound normal. Your system specs are better than mine and I can do playback of 1080 30 fps footage fine. I am wondering if you are using CUDA or not. Look into that and also what common effects are you having issues with?

OP I would say Adobe CC as I find it much nice to use and is worth the price premium IMO.

This does not sound normal. Your system specs are better than mine and I can do playback of 1080 30 fps footage fine. I am wondering if you are using CUDA or not. Look into that and also what common effects are you having issues with?

OP I would say Adobe CC as I find it much nice to use and is worth the price premium IMO.

Cuda hardware acceleration is on. I usually work with 4k files but even 1080p playback is sluggish. Even adding simple effects like blur or sharpen makes the playback sluggish. And this is in 1080p. If I render the work area, it wont be sluggish for the first 5 seconds of the video but after that it begins skipping frames like crazy and runs at 5-10fps. Same with after effects.

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

Cuda hardware acceleration is on. I usually work with 4k files but even 1080p playback is sluggish. Even adding simple effects like blur or sharpen makes the playback sluggish. And this is in 1080p. If I render the work area, it wont be sluggish for the first 5 seconds of the video but after that it begins skipping frames like crazy and runs at 5-10fps. Same with after effects.

I can't think of any reason why it would be doing that. I have never experienced such issue. Have you tried the adobe forums for help?