Elegant Solutions for 5.25" Bay Mounting? (Help?)

Server_is_fucked

Does anyone know of some decent mounting solutions for putting a 3.5" HDD in a 5.25" drive bay? I found some aluminum metal brackets but I'm not sure if I want them because they don't match my build... Anyone know of some black colored solutions? (Ayyye it'd also be really cool if anyone knew of a fan mounting solution for a 5.25" bay as well!) 

Thanks in advance! 

Does anyone know of some decent mounting solutions for putting a 3.5" HDD in a 5.25" drive bay? I found some aluminum metal brackets but I'm not sure if I want them because they don't match my build... Anyone know of some black colored solutions? (Ayyye it'd also be really cool if anyone knew of a fan mounting solution for a 5.25" bay as well!) 

Thanks in advance! 

You could buy a hot swap rack for it.

Something like this:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=fed&cs=16&sku=A7018092

You could buy a hot swap rack for it.

Something like this:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=fed&cs=16&sku=A7018092

Keep in mind cables vs a backplate though. If you put this in a system that didn't have a SATA backplate, you'd be pulling on the cables when you attempted to remove the drive.

If you use it as just a adapter and never remove the drive, I imagine it would be fine.

CPU: Core i7 4970K | MOBO: Asus Z87 Pro | RAM: 32GBs of G.Skill Ares 1866 | GPU: MSI GAMING X GTX 1070 | STOR: 2 X Crucial BX100 250GB, 2 x WD Blk 1TB (mirror),WD Blk 500GB | CASE: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced | PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA G2 750W | COOL: Cooler Master Hyper T4 | DISP: 21" 1080P POS | KB: MS Keyboard | MAU5: Redragon NEMEANLION | MIC: Snowball Blue | OS: Win 8.1 Pro x64, (Working on Arch for dual boot) |

I found a black adapter. From the Q&A somebody said you can install this inside the 5.25" bay and leave the case cover on without problem with a 3.5" drive mounted to it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005OJFASY/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_2?pf_rd_p=1944687762&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000HLZXH2&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=19CGAKG2W52BA5M6FF2C

Keep in mind cables vs a backplate though. If you put this in a system that didn't have a SATA backplate, you'd be pulling on the cables when you attempted to remove the drive.

If you use it as just a adapter and never remove the drive, I imagine it would be fine.

Why would you pull on the cables?

You simply have to screw the rack into place so it doesn't move if you pull the drive out. Also I think as soon as you open up the 3,5'' drive cover it will come out automatically and you can simply slide it out without any force.

I just drilled a couple holes in the sides of my 5.25 bay and suspended a HDD in there with some long mounting screws. It's easy and free (if you have the supplies) and there is no audible vibration.

98w00LH.jpg

Sorry there's some wires stuffed in there in the photo.