Upgrading GPU

Belo1301

Im upgrading my GPu and i wanted to know if i shuld buy  a amd 200 series or the new refreshed 300 they are about the same price in my country,is there any big difference  in performance?

i can find the 380x i can only find the 380

as i know the 380x is for later this year, they " need " some time with it... i would go for the 390x if i had the money

the best card  fit for my budget is the MSi 380 4 gb  i think im going to see a big difference in performace my GPu now is the HD 7790 1 Gb

if the new card i want to buy a good overclocker as the old one then im golden i overclocked the shit out of the old one  it  even ran GTa V on high setting at 1080 ahhaha

check some reviews of the 390x overclocking capabilities, as far as i know the 28 nm process is still going so overcloking is easy as hell, just be aware of wattage and heat output  

i think im oging to buy the 380 i can  overclock it later  it enugh for my demand i play Gta V BF4 LOL and Minecraft the most so i dont need a better card my frirend play with a r9 270 x everything on max settings almosto so this is even better and i have 2 gb more of vram so i thinks i enugh because the chepest 290x i fund is 150  euro more then the 380 that i want to buy

@Belo1301

See if you can find the R9 290 Tri-X OC for sale. According to PCpartpicker it was for sale somewhere for 263 USD. Which is absolutely bonkers for a card that can outperform a 290X just from factory overclock, and its silent, dead silent.

EDIT:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202143&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

the cheapest 380 i can find from 10 secs of googling is 197 USD.... and that 380 will be smoked by the 290 Tri X OC

the best card  fit for my budget is the MSi 380 4 gb  i think im going to see a big difference in performace my GPu now is the HD 7790 1 Gb

it will be a HUGE difference..i also upgraded from a hd 7790 but i went to a 280x and the difference was night and day...i think you would be very pleased with a 380 but i'd say to definitely get the 4gb version.

if you could sqeeze out a little more money i'd say get at least the 390.

or i'd say get a cheap used r9 290x and save some money..since its exactly the same performance as the 390x.

cpu:i7-4770k    gpu: msi reference r9 290x  liquid cooled with h55 and hg10 a1     motherboard:z97x gaming 5   ram:gskill sniper 8 gb

my poblem is i live in croatia  everything is fuking expensive here for pc hahaha

ofc im going to buy the 4 gb version  , but the 7790 is a beast of a card with my overclock and acording to gta V settings  it has 2.5 gb of v ram atleast it says its using 2.5 gb  of v ram and it only has 1 gb haha

yanno, i got a 7950 boost edt. from sapphire lying around, its basically a 280.....

maybe we can figure something out (first i need to figure out any shop nearby that sells bubblewrap)

EDIT;

bummer you made this thread now, i was in Croatia last week, Dubrovnik to be exact.... coulda made this thread 2 weeks ago and id bring the card with me :P