Everything but the processor

Jaybelz

This is my first build for a client, I was hired through a friend to help out a fellow photographer.

I pieced everything together and ran it by him, once he gave me the "go-ahead" I ordered it online. After dealing with Amazon's fraud protection I finally received everything...except the CPU.

"A train derailment has delayed delivery. We're adjusting plans to deliver your package as quickly as possible."

dM5wmiz.gif

Still wanted to post what I've got so far.

EksNctM.jpg

It's literally like sitting in front of the tree christmas morning and not being able to play with any of the presents. I know I could start building most of it without the CPU, but I'm also doing a time laps of the entire build process and want to do it all in one go (I'll be sure to post it when it's done).

As for the actual build:

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($343.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($89.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z87 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($116.98 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 850 Pro Series 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($142.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 Video Card  ($504.99 @ Micro Center) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  ($14.99 @ Newegg) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 OEM (64-bit)  ($85.75 @ OutletPC) 
Wireless Network Adapter: Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I 802.11a/b/g/n/ac PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter  ($28.98 @ OutletPC) 
Monitor: Asus MX279H 27.0" Monitor  ($249.99 @ Best Buy) 
Monitor: Samsung U28D590D 60Hz 28.0" Monitor  ($499.99 @ Best Buy) 
Total: $2663.47
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-06-23 23:07 EDT-0400

Anyway, that's all I got for right now. Just wanted to share. Enjoy!

Why 4770k and z87 when theres 4790k and z97?

Looks nice though

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

damn this is a beast build! subbing to the thread. would love to see what could be done here

I'm so jealous right now...

Anyway, couldn't you just get 1 4TB HDD instead of 4 1TB HDD?

Happy to help with any tech problems. Windows 10 installing guide here.
----i5 4570s----gigabyte z97x-sli----8gb ddr3----gigabyte g1 gaming 960----HAF 912----120gb ssd----1tb hdd----500w evga----

Looks nice though

Z87 boards are really inexpensive now (even some of the top quality ones, like the Sabertooth, which is still an incredible board) ^_^ Or at least that may be why, truly I dont know why he went with Haswell instead of Haswell Refresh :P

@ OP - very nice, interested in seeing the final result

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

y 4x tb hdd?

when 1x4tb would be cheaper

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

for such a high end system

the power supply is junk

The z87 has always been a reliable board, and the 4790k required a bios update preinstalled before mounting. To be honest, I didn't do much digging on the CPU or the Mobo, just wanted something solid and dependable.

y 4x tb hdd?

Redundancy i assumed...

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

The z87 has always been a reliable board, and the 4790k required a bios update preinstalled before mounting. To be honest, I didn't do much digging on the CPU or the Mobo, just wanted something solid and dependable.

Yeah well theres a Z97 sabertooth so unless it was for cost i have no clue why u would get Z87 and 4770k, its no less "dependable" than newer Z97 stuff

Couldn't you just get 1 4TB HDD instead of 4 1TB HDD?

y 4x tb hdd?

As soon as I posted this I knew I was going to get hell for that!

I just realized that was my first draft build I sent him. As a photographer, I knew he would need a reliable hard drive back up so I had a raid system in mind. Once we sat down and went over everything, we agreed 2x2TB Drives would be just as good and without taking up as much space.

As soon as I posted this I knew I was going to get hell for that!

I just realized that was my first draft build I sent him. As a photographer, I knew he would need a reliable hard drive back up so I had a raid system in mind. Once we sat down and went over everything, we agreed 2x2TB Drives would be just as good and without taking up as much space.

maybe edit your post then

This is my first build for a client, I was hired through a friend to help out a fellow photographer.

I pieced everything together and ran it by him, once he gave me the "go-ahead" I ordered it online. After dealing with Amazon's fraud protection I finally received everything...except the CPU.

"A train derailment has delayed delivery. We're adjusting plans to deliver your package as quickly as possible."

dM5wmiz.gif

Still wanted to post what I've got so far.

EksNctM.jpg

It's literally like sitting in front of the tree christmas morning and not being able to play with any of the presents. I know I could start building most of it without the CPU, but I'm also doing a time laps of the entire build process and want to do it all in one go (I'll be sure to post it when it's done).

As for the actual build:

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($343.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($89.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z87 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($116.98 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 850 Pro Series 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($142.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 Video Card  ($504.99 @ Micro Center) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  ($14.99 @ Newegg) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 OEM (64-bit)  ($85.75 @ OutletPC) 
Wireless Network Adapter: Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I 802.11a/b/g/n/ac PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter  ($28.98 @ OutletPC) 
Monitor: Asus MX279H 27.0" Monitor  ($249.99 @ Best Buy) 
Monitor: Samsung U28D590D 60Hz 28.0" Monitor  ($499.99 @ Best Buy) 
Total: $2663.47
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-06-23 23:07 EDT-0400

Anyway, that's all I got for right now. Just wanted to share. Enjoy!

They are basically saying: 

"Due to a train GETTING REKT you won't be getting your CPU, an time soon."

The Amazon Team. (or where ever you got it) Team.

Ok, so this has been bugging me all day.

I posted this same picture on /pcmasterrace and was berated with comments about the power supply. I even talked to some of the geek squad guys I work with that I trust and they all said to upgrade to at least a 750.

The original build on pcpartpicker suggested a total of 450 needed. I thought the 600 would be enough, and I've always had high respect for Corsair and their products.

I'm building this for a freelance photographer, and not a power user. The only reason I put a 980 in it was to push the 4k and 27" monitors, he isn't gaming or overclocking at all.

If this was my build, I'd absolutely get a more powerful PSU with a few other tweaks. I just figured for how he was using it, my decisions were pretty solid.

What do you think?

Ok, so this has been bugging me all day.

I posted this same picture on /pcmasterrace and was berated with comments about the power supply. I even talked to some of the geek squad guys I work with that I trust and they all said to upgrade to at least a 750.

The original build on pcpartpicker suggested a total of 450 needed. I thought the 600 would be enough, and I've always had high respect for Corsair and their products.

The powersupply in this rig is honestly the only component that seems a bit out of place.

Don't get me wrong, 750W would be ridiculous, it's just that this isn't exactly the best Corsair can do.

For a rig like this, I expected something maybe 550W but at least 80+ Gold.

The PC will be just fine. Just my thoughts.

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II

[bUILD COMPLETE]

Finish at 4:00am!

Still need to update drivers and configure the second monitor, but here she is...

nlLfBam.jpg

Also did a time lapse video of the process, enjoy!