Dual system uses.

Tairetsu

So the other day I saw this case with support for dual systems inside of it, it looked freaking amazing and I wanted one right away, but then I started to think: what are the real uses for dual systems? I could come up with streaming systems, and I tough that it would make multitasking in multiple monitors easier, but other than that I cannot think on many other uses for them, what do you think? What do you use them for?

I have 3 systems hooked up at my desk. One is my gaming pc, one is a streaming server and the other is a general internet box. Just depends on what you need to do with it. 

Virtual Machines?

If so, running Linux on Windows to do "stuff" :D

Making youtube videos on a clear desktop

and many more

So the other day I saw this case with support for dual systems inside of it, it looked freaking amazing and I wanted one right away, but then I started to think: what are the real uses for dual systems? I could come up with streaming systems, and I tough that it would make multitasking in multiple monitors easier, but other than that I cannot think on many other uses for them, what do you think? What do you use them for?

Game server, maybe if you want a really inefficient NAS, or maybe you could build one of the systems to be a router

I'd want one with a KVM setup so I could flip between the two systems. Game server and Main PC in one box. I'd love that. I'd also have a dedicated machine and a diagnostics box if the case was easy enough to access.

CPU: Core i7 4970K | MOBO: Asus Z87 Pro | RAM: 32GBs of G.Skill Ares 1866 | GPU: MSI GAMING X GTX 1070 | STOR: 2 X Crucial BX100 250GB, 2 x WD Blk 1TB (mirror),WD Blk 500GB | CASE: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced | PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA G2 750W | COOL: Cooler Master Hyper T4 | DISP: 21" 1080P POS | KB: MS Keyboard | MAU5: Redragon NEMEANLION | MIC: Snowball Blue | OS: Win 8.1 Pro x64, (Working on Arch for dual boot) |

Virtual Machines?

If so, running Linux on Windows to do "stuff" :D

Making youtube videos on a clear desktop

and many more

No, not virtual machines, dual systems, as in, well I guess the multiple systems stuff would apply to having multiple computers hooked up basically together.

Tho what sparked the question was a case that allowed for 2 motherboards to be fit inside of it. 

It would probably work really well for streamers who have their one PC for gaming and another PC for capturing/streaming. With a case like this they could have it all in one case. 

I'd imagine they'd be hard to cool tho...

"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party."

-Ron White

A workstation or a gaming PC.

Other than that maybe a single case so 2 brothers or sisters can play together.

Did you see the Enthoo Primo Mini XL?

That's actually not a bad idea if they made a large cube that held 3 systems I would get it and put my mom's, dad's and sisters PC in the same case to save room.

That would be an interesting cube case.

-One with Windows, one with Hackintosh.

-Can be used to hook up each system to two monitors to play LAN with your friends

-Have a separate system for gaming and nothing else and the other one for something like rendering or web browsing.

-A game server; have one system run a server and the other to play on your own server

I can't imagine.

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

-One with Windows, one with Hackintosh.

-Can be used to hook up each system to two monitors to play LAN with your friends

-Have a separate system for gaming and nothing else and the other one for something like rendering or web browsing.

-A game server; have one system run a server and the other to play on your own server

I can't imagine.

Agreed.

My Setups:

• CASE: » CoolerMaster C700M » •  MB:     » ASUS ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME »»» LGA 2066 •  CPU:    » Intel i9-9980XE Extreme Edition - 18-Core @ 3.00Ghz •  GPU:   » Inno3D GeForce RTX 3090 - 24GB  GDDR6X •  RAM» Corsair Dominator Platinum - 64GB DDR4 3200Mhz

• CASE: » DeepCool Matrexx 4F » •  MB:     » MSi GodLike Gaming X99 »»» LGA 2011-v3 •  CPU:    » Intel i7-6950x Extreme Edition - 10-Core @ 3.00Ghz •  GPU:   » MSi GeForce GTX 1070 Ti GAMING  - 8GB  GDDR5 •  RAM» Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro - 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz

• CASE: » CoolerMaster CMP 320L » •  MB:     » Atermiter X99 »»» LGA 2011-v3 •  CPU:    » Intel i7-6900K - 8-Core @ 3.20Ghz •  GPU:   » Sapphire HD 5850 Toxic Edition - 2GB  GDDR5 •  RAM» G.Skill TridentZ - 16GB DDR4 3600Mhz

Just have the motherboards lay flat and stack over top of each other vertically. Like a tower of PC's.

Go scream that idea to Phanteks.

Go scream that idea to Phanteks.

They'll probably do it, and they'll probably execute it perfectly too. 

Useful threads: Code of Conduct || Unofficial LTT Beginners Guide || Forum FAQ

CPU: Intel Core i5 4440 GPU: GTX 760 MOBO: Asrock Z97 Anniversary RAM: 8GB Adata @ 1600 Mhz Case: Define R4 SSD: Kingston V300 128 GB

HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda NAS: 3TB Seagate Barracudas in RAID 1 PSU: EVGA 600B (600W 80+ Bronze) Display: LG 23MP75 (1080p IPS @ 60hz) 

They'll probably do it, and they'll probably execute it perfectly too. 

That's the only reason I took their name.

Also that they've never released a Cube Case.

That's the only reason I took their name.

Also that they've never released a Cube Case.

All of their cases do seem to be bigger don't they? I want to see a truly compact case from them that doesn't really focus much on watercooling, even though that's the brand recognition they've developed.

Useful threads: Code of Conduct || Unofficial LTT Beginners Guide || Forum FAQ

CPU: Intel Core i5 4440 GPU: GTX 760 MOBO: Asrock Z97 Anniversary RAM: 8GB Adata @ 1600 Mhz Case: Define R4 SSD: Kingston V300 128 GB

HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda NAS: 3TB Seagate Barracudas in RAID 1 PSU: EVGA 600B (600W 80+ Bronze) Display: LG 23MP75 (1080p IPS @ 60hz) 

All of their cases do seem to be bigger don't they? I want to see a truly compact case from them that doesn't really focus much on watercooling, even though that's the brand recognition they've developed.

Even their Evolv ITX is huge.

I personally don't like cases smaller than my monitor but they should still consider making a "Console Killer" case.

They probably wouldn't do it the way I had envisioned it, I would build out myself though if I had the time or need for it.

Well we could just throw $300 and get a custom one we would love but "Error: 156 - Money not available".

Honey I need to check my email