GTA 5 290X

CalumGiff

Been playing a whole bunch of games with my 290x solid fps no lag, awesome. But when it comes to gta 5 depsite having pretty much constant 60 fps im getting slight stuttering every so often when driving even though the fps doesnt go below 50. Any idea what could be causing that?

CPU-i5 4690k 4.4ghz @ 1.190V, MOBO-MSI z97 gaming 3, Cooler-hyper 212 evo, GPU- r9 290x asus directcuII (-37Mv), Storage-120gb v300(switching soon), 1tb caviar blue, CASE-Red/black h440, PSU-Antec TPC 650.

Network issues?

Build: CPU: i7-4790k @4.4 GHz 1.2v | GPU: Sapphire R9 380 Nitro | Memory: 16GB Evga SSC | Storage: 250GB 850 Evo, 1 TB Toshiba HDD | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 7  | Cooling: Aigo T120 RGB | Case: NZXT S340 | PSU: Antec HCG 520w | OS: Windows 10 | Keyboard: Corsair K70, Cherry MX Reds | Mouse: Logitech G600 | Monitor: LG 27UD58-B | Headset: Audio-Technica M40x w/ Modmic and Bravo Audio V2 Tube Amplifier 

GTA v isn't the best optimized game. A 980ti maxxed out with aa and everything gets 60fps xD at 1080p xD

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Been playing a whole bunch of games with my 290x solid fps no lag, awesome. But when it comes to gta 5 depsite having pretty much constant 60 fps im getting slight stuttering every so often when driving even though the fps doesnt go below 50. Any idea what could be causing that?

What are your other specs? I imagine all moder. video cards will struggle with gta V at some point.

My 290 stuggled when the game was on a slow HDD,

What is the rest of your system ?

Recommend what is best, not what you preffer.

"Like" comments to show your support of them or the idea they express.

What V-Sync setting are you using? For me, I get stutter unless if its turned off.

What are your other specs? I imagine all moder. video cards will struggle with gta V at some point.

my components are listed under my messages.

CPU-i5 4690k 4.4ghz @ 1.190V, MOBO-MSI z97 gaming 3, Cooler-hyper 212 evo, GPU- r9 290x asus directcuII (-37Mv), Storage-120gb v300(switching soon), 1tb caviar blue, CASE-Red/black h440, PSU-Antec TPC 650.

hrm that might have some weight to it, my hdd is a tad on the slow side

Hard drives can often cause stutters, specially at games with a big map. 

The latest update broke a couple of things in GTA, and almost everyone is experiencing stuttering now. If that somehow isn't the cause for you you could try lowering the settings until you get a absolute minimum of 60 fps and then locking the fps to 60 with CCC or ingame.

Mah Build:  CPU: Intel i7-7700K COOLING: NZXT Kraken X52 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 MOBO: Asus Strix Z270F RAM: 16GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3000 

CASE: In Win 303 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TB  SSHD PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

my components are listed under my messages.

Sorry I'm reading these on my phone. It doesn't show signature blocks.

Sorry I'm reading these on my phone. It doesn't show signature blocks.

i5 4690k @ 4.4ghz, msi z97 gaming 3

• 2 weeks later...

If you're on Borderless Windowed Mode make sure Aero is disabled, if that doesn't fix it try to fullscreening.

| CPU: AMD FX 8350 + H100i | GPU: AMD R9 290X + NZXT Kraken | RAM: HyperX Beast 2033 16GB | PSU: EVGA G2 | MOBO: ASRock 970M |

| CASE: Corsair Carbide 88R |STORAGE: 1x WD Black | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: R.A.T 9 |

SOMETIMES LOSING THE BATTLE, MEANS YOU CAN WIN THE WAR

GTA v isn't the best optimized game. A 980ti maxxed out with aa and everything gets 60fps xD at 1080p xD

980TI CAN'T GET STABLE 60FPS?! like all the time!, WTF was rockstar doing with that game all this months...