Just Cause 2 crashing windows 8

SemiSolid1

After a few minutes of gameplay the game will lag and crash a few seconds later, what is going on? How do I fix this?

First off: Awesome profile pic.

Secondly: It could be your display drivers. You can try uninstalling and re-installing them. That's really all I can think of. On occasion some programs on my Windows 8 PC will hang/crash and I just need to reboot the PC, but never in games.

Windows 8, found your problem!

Joking aside you need to provide more info than that, is it just isolated to Just Cause 2, are you OCing your cpu/gpu etc etc. 

It happen to GTA 4 but im not sure it that was just the games i joined because my friend crashed at the same time. I am not ocing my gpu or cpu although i have a asus 660 oc, as far as i can tell its the only game that crashes

If it's happening to others it sounds more like a bug in the game rather than something your doing :)

Yeah, maybe its some sort of event that uses a certain thing in DirectX or OpenGL & its bugged out.

• 4 months later...

First off I agree, hot profile pic, even though yer probly an obese, aging, bald male IRL.  What worked for me (and others) when I was experiencing JC2 crashes on my windows 8.1 machine was turning off "decals" in settings.  It seems messing around with some of teh funny/weird/odd graphics settings does teh trick for people.