Kerbal Space Program

Nort

Any KSP players here? I bought it during the Steam summer sale and it has been the only game I've played since. The best thing I've been able to do so far is get a space station in orbit around the Mun. I've fooled around with some mods but the best one I've found so far is Kerbal Live Feed, a "passive multiplayer" mod.

What's your greatest achievement so far :P?

Yeah I've had it since it was in pretty early Alpha. I've got Kerbals to the Mun and Minmus and back, several rovers on the surface of Duna and Eve, a Kerbal to Duna and 80% of the way back (ran out of fuel in orbit around Kerbin). Also got satellites around Eve and Duna.

I'm limited by the fact that I find orbital rendezvous completely impossible, which is why I still have that Kerbal stuck in orbit around Kerbin, since I can't send another mission up to go rescue the poor sod lol.

Oh, I also put an ion-powered sled onto Minmus which was great fun ^^

Yeah I've had it since it was in pretty early Alpha. I've got Kerbals to the Mun and Minmus and back, several rovers on the surface of Duna and Eve, a Kerbal to Duna and 80% of the way back (ran out of fuel in orbit around Kerbin). Also got satellites around Eve and Duna.

I'm limited by the fact that I find orbital rendezvous completely impossible, which is why I still have that Kerbal stuck in orbit around Kerbin, since I can't send another mission up to go rescue the poor sod lol.

Oh, I also put an ion-powered sled onto Minmus which was great fun ^^

I always end up using MechJeb or HyperEdit when I need to rendevous, haven't figured it out yet. Also, have you tried 0.21 yet? It came out today. :)

I always end up using MechJeb or HyperEdit when I need to rendevous, haven't figured it out yet. Also, have you tried 0.21 yet? It came out today. :)

Nah I haven't tried 0.21 yet and MechJeb just sounds too much like cheating XD

0.21 adds the new, fancy looking hangar right?

Nah I haven't tried 0.21 yet and MechJeb just sounds too much like cheating XD

0.21 adds the new, fancy looking hangar right?

Yep, also adds mission control (Unusable atm) and the recruitment center (You can see the Kerbals who've died and the ones who are on missions as well as recruit new Kerbals).

I want it. They were going to give it out at pax east, but then the servers at Byoc pooped :(

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

Have picked it up during the steam summer sale, but haven't had the time to play it yet, is the multiplayer mod working well? Because I would like to play with my friend, or anyone else for that matter :-)

CPU: AMD Phenom II 965 (Corsair H60 with a Noctua NF-F12 Fan) - Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-MA770T-UD3 (rev. 1.4) - RAM:  4 GB kingston, and 8 GB kingston hyperx blu @ 1333 MHz - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 660ti OC edition SSD: 256 GB Plextor MP5-Pro - Sound Card: ASUS Xonar DGX - Headphones: Sennheiser PC363d - Case: Cooler Master elite 430 black -  Cooled by 2 Noctua NF-S12A Fans      Peripherals:ACER B243PWLAymdr IPS Panel - 1920*1200 - ACER S222HQL LCD Panel - 1920*1080 - Corsair M45 on a XFX Warpad - Typing on a Ducky Shine 2 Cherry MX Brown - Green LED - Racing with my Logitech G27 Racing wheel - other games Logitech F710

Have picked it up during the steam summer sale, but haven't had the time to play it yet, is the multiplayer mod working well? Because I would like to play with my friend, or anyone else for that matter :-)

It isn't actually multiplayer. It just allows you to share ships/screenshots, chat and see each other's position in the solar system in game. The official dev team has already said they won't be making multiplayer because of time warp issues, but modders are working together to find a solution to the problem.

As of now there is one active server for the mod, it usually has 15 to 25 people on it. You can find the mod in the "Add On Releases" section on the KSP forums.

if you haven't done so, check out scott manley's videos. I found them incredibly helpful, rendezvous are really not that hard.

I'm pretty happy when my first satellite is orbiting and did not crash to kerbin again