What's your life story?

MJSBLUES

I'll start with mine, my life is pretty boring though but I'll get the forum started - 

I'm 15, and was born near London in England, and moved to Jersey (UK) after a few years. Jersey is an island off the coast of England. I was pretty sporty and loved football, and was in the school team. At home I'd always watch my sister play games on the PS1 and on the PC. My grandad played a lot of half life, and me and my sisters found the disc in the computer room. The next night I had nightmares :'). I had started my love of games. I'd always sneak into my sisters room at night time and we'd play on the PS1 for most of the night. I also started playing rugby at around this time, and I was very good at it, but I didn't enjoy it. After a few years of playing it, I decided to quit the club. My football club only went up to 11 year olds, and I was around 10 and a half at the time. I had more spare time so I could play on the computer more. I became pretty tech-savy and always watched youtube guides on how to install torrents, photoshop stuff, coding etc. I went on my computer way more often and was always fixing computer problems for my family. I built my first PC at around 13, and I'm still using it. My family was well impressed as I did it all by myself, and building computers seems impossible to them :P My parents split up about a week after building it, and it really effected me. I spent about two weeks just solid on my pc, disconnected from the outside world. I was really depressed. But I recovered pretty quick, and my Dad found a new partner who he was really happy with. She is super nice, and things turned happy very quickly. My mum got into a relationship with an abusive partner and for all I know is still with him. I now haven't seen my mum in over 6 months, even though she lives 20 minutes away, which really sucks. And that's pretty much my lifestory.

Sorry about the crappy life story, but I'm terrible at describing stuff about myself. Hopefully it will get the forum started though :P

Every 60 seconds in Africa...

A minute passes.

Nice story! Mine is pretty complex, I can write some more tomorrow when I get to my computer (if people are interested), pretty much I've spent my whole life traveling, I've been to over 50 countries and have lived in quite a few (New Zealand, Malta, Switzerland, Hungary, Canada, America, Singapore, Italy). I've visited every continet (except antartica) and have done 2 around the world tours. Pretty much my whole life up to a few years ago consisted of constant travel.

I could write more but it's a pain to type on my phone!

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

Nice story! Mine is pretty complex, I can write some more tomorrow when I get to my computer (if people are interested), pretty much I've spent my whole life traveling, I've been to over 50 countries and have lived in quite a few (New Zealand, Malta, Switzerland, Hungary, Canada, America, Singapore, Italy). I've visited every continet (except antartica) and have done 2 around the world tours. Pretty much my whole life up to a few years ago consisted of constant travel.

I'd love to hear your story! Please do post the rest of it tommorow :) 

A minute passes.

16 here, woke up one day and started playing gran turismo 4 and a lot, then realised we had a ps1 and played that a lot. We skip forward to 2007 and i got a ps3 bundled with call of duty 4 which brought me into the fps world. 2010, enter battlefield bad company 2, i brought for ps3 naturally has a die hard ps3 fan at the time when my bros friend comes to our hosue with a gtx 295 and a core 2 quad 8800 or something like that. I saw bad company 2 on pc and i wondered what was different. Enter fps, i saw the difference between 30 and 60 and i got into pcs. By 2011 i liked pcs big time, enter another ****ing dell pc in 2011. I had a radeon 6450(broke a few months ago) which i was quick to change to a 6770. We then got my 2007wfp monitor and i realized the 1680x1050 was too much for the card. The 6770 blew up so back to the 6450. Late 2012 i got another 6770. The dell motherboard then decided that it didnt need a southbridge anymore so that fried itself. Enter another fucking dell pc, so this is early 2013 and i got another insprion 620(even when the 660 was out). I decided f this and took £250 and got a 7870 xt and a gx 650. Take in mind i built a pc late 2011 so i had experience. Other things that arent son the pc side, 2012, my dad got a mac and i was fucking furious and like really fuckng furious as my bloody dell had better specs. He still refuses to admit that his mac is a pathetic piece of dog shit even when he spent £1400 to get an i3 while im about to get an ssd,an 8 core cpu 16gb ram and some other crap and it priced at £800. Too fuck with me even more he brought an ipad and as he wasnt happy enough with one he brought another bloody ipad. Then he goes about saying he doesnt have money to spend on my shit. equality to the max.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I'm 15 too! glad to see I'm not alone :D are you a 98s or 97s? anyways I was born in singapore, two sisters(twins, 9 years apart, yeah I know its weird), spent most of my infant life playing with old toys passed down, which included a gameboy colour which I got addicted too and I stuck to it for about 2 years. Sadly, it was broken and i was sad. until my birthday came and I got a ps2 and a gamboy advanced, with all the pokemons and super marios, kingdom hearts, crash bandicoot etc. I was addicted to the ps2 and gameboy up until i was 9 and they both broke on the same year :( the ps2 stopped working and I left my gameboy on a plane from a holiday. after that my parents stopped buying me stuff and I became a bookworm, I have read all the sherlock holmes books, harry potter(well the ones that were out at the time), twilight etc. anything to pass the time (btw by twilight I only read the 1st one) 

bla bla bla nothing really happened until my 12th birthday when I got a hand me down laptop from one of my sisters, it was a pink viao and it was shit but good enough for me at the time :D I quickly got back into gaming and stopped reading, went from an A+ student to an A- student ( I'm asian grades are everything here :P ) Due to deproving grades my parents did not allow me to buy a new laptop (this was before i got into tech and hardware). soon I stumbled a pond linustechtips and my parents were surprised that I new so much about tech they decided to fund my first pc. and on Augest 12th, I will build my first computer. Only reason I haven't build it yet is because I'm currently on holiday in the U.S helping my sister move in to an apartment cause she has to work, so I spend my days sitting infront of the pink viaos until I can build my computer on Augest 12th :D

I was born in Washington DC, lived my first 6 years there, barely saw my dad (worked between 7am and 6pm at the world bank). When I was 6, we moved from Washington DC to Vienna. Between me being 6-11 (I am 13 now) I was teased a lot by people in my school, and did not have a lot have friends, which basically means I am... well... lets say not comfortable around people today :I Anyways around a year or two ago I started making more friends and got huge into building pcs, gaming and tech in general. I built my first PC a month ago (specs in sig :P) and hope to become a programmer, photographer, video editor or something around those lines when I get a job :)

PC Specs:  2x GTX 550 ti in SLI - Intel i7 2600k @ 3.4Ghz - Thermaltake Overseer Case - 8 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram - 1TB Harddrive - 500 Watt PSU that came with my old prebuilt pc lawl -  ASUS P8P67 EVO

Peripherals:  Razer Deathadder Black Edition - Razer Arctosa Keyboard - Logitech G53 Headset

Cool song of the day: Chief Keef - Round da Rosey    Changed my profile pic again...                                        Mountain Dew is good. So are video games and music. Oh and unicorns.

16 here, woke up one day and started playing gran turismo 4 and a lot, then realised we had a ps1 and played that a lot. We skip forward to 2007 and i got a ps3 bundled with call of duty 4 which brought me into the fps world. 2010, enter battlefield bad company 2, i brought for ps3 naturally has a die hard ps3 fan at the time when my bros friend comes to our hosue with a gtx 295 and a core 2 quad 8800 or something like that. I saw bad company 2 on pc and i wondered what was different. Enter fps, i saw the difference between 30 and 60 and i got into pcs. By 2011 i liked pcs big time, enter another ****ing dell pc in 2011. I had a radeon 6450(broke a few months ago) which i was quick to change to a 6770. We then got my 2007wfp monitor and i realized the 1680x1050 was too much for the card. The 6770 blew up so back to the 6450. Late 2012 i got another 6770. The dell motherboard then decided that it didnt need a southbridge anymore so that fried itself. Enter another fucking dell pc, so this is early 2013 and i got another insprion 620(even when the 660 was out). I decided f this and took £250 and got a 7870 xt and a gx 650. Take in mind i built a pc late 2011 so i had experience. Other things that arent son the pc side, 2012, my dad got a mac and i was fucking furious and like really fuckng furious as my bloody dell had better specs. He still refuses to admit that his mac is a pathetic piece of dog shit even when he spent £1400 to get an i3 while im about to get an ssd,an 8 core cpu 16gb ram and some other crap and it priced at £800. Too fuck with me even more he brought an ipad and as he wasnt happy enough with one he brought another bloody ipad. Then he goes about saying he doesnt have money to spend on my shit. equality to the max.

Lol, my whole family has apple devices, I'm ashamed of them all :P 

So have you still got the inspiron 620 just with a better graphics card? how does it run games?

A minute passes.

I'm 15 too! glad to see I'm not alone :D are you a 98s or 97s? anyways I was born in singapore, two sisters(twins, 9 years apart, yeah I know its weird), spent most of my infant life playing with old toys passed down, which included a gameboy colour which I got addicted too and I stuck to it for about 2 years. Sadly, it was broken and i was sad. until my birthday came and I got a ps2 and a gamboy advanced, with all the pokemons and super marios, kingdom hearts, crash bandicoot etc. I was addicted to the ps2 and gameboy up until i was 9 and they both broke on the same year :( the ps2 stopped working and I left my gameboy on a plane from a holiday. after that my parents stopped buying me stuff and I became a bookworm, I have read all the sherlock holmes books, harry potter(well the ones that were out at the time), twilight etc. anything to pass the time (btw by twilight I only read the 1st one) 

bla bla bla nothing really happened until my 12th birthday when I got a hand me down laptop from one of my sisters, it was a pink viao and it was shit but good enough for me at the time :D I quickly got back into gaming and stopped reading, went from an A+ student to an A- student ( I'm asian grades are everything here :P ) and on Augest 12th, I will build my first computer. Only reason I haven't build it yet is because I'm currently on holiday in the U.S helping my sister move in to an apartment cause she has to work, so I spend my days sitting infront of the pink viaos until I can build my computer on Augest 12th :D

98 kid ;) My god, I completely forgot about the gameboy colour, half of my life was pretty much on it playing super mario.

Good luck for the build! What specs is it going to be? 

A minute passes.

Would your favourite country so far be Switzerland?

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

I was born in Washington DC, lived my first 6 years there, barely saw my dad (worked between 7am and 6pm at the world bank). When I was 6, we moved from Washington DC to Vienna. Between me being 6-11 (I am 13 now) I was teased a lot by people in my school, and did not have a lot have friends, which basically means I am... well... lets say not comfortable around people today :I Anyways around a year or two ago I started making more friends and got huge into building pcs, gaming and tech in general. I built my first PC a month ago (specs in sig :P) and hope to become a programmer, photographer, video editor or something around those lines when I get a job :)

I used to not be very comfortable around people either, I had social anxiety for ages, until I actually decided that it was a serious problem. Try looking up on how to get rid of social anxiety, there is plenty of books on it (if you still have it).

Looks like a sweet computer! But how on earth do you have 10gb of ram? haha!

A minute passes.

Would your favourite country so far be Switzerland?

Definitely! It's the place where I've lived longest (5 years) and I absolutely love it!

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

98 kid ;) My god, I completely forgot about the gameboy colour, half of my life was pretty much on it playing super mario.

Good luck for the build! What specs is it going to be? 

wow same I'm 98 as well! well the build is planned to be a 4670k, msi z87 gd65 gaming, gtx770 (would go amd with the never settle but that doesn't apply in singapore :( ), ssd, hdd, psu etc. Thinking about switching to amd currently researching reviews and forums on amd vs intel :P

Too personal if you ask me...

Interested in Business and Technology

I'll type this when I get my new mechanical keyboard

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

Lol, my whole family has apple devices, I'm ashamed of them all :P

So have you still got the inspiron 620 just with a better graphics card? how does it run games?

The inside of the dell is in my zalman zase as the dell doesnt cut it for being cool. Anyways its a monster maxing out everything i throw at it. The i3 bottlenecks however and i need to get more ram badly 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Born in Singapore in 95 (Yay 90s kid :D) but moved to Canada when I was 4. Took senior kindergarten in Waterloo, Ontario before I moved to Toronto. My best memories of elementary school were from my Grade 5 grad trip where we went camping for 3 days at Camp Wanakita (I later found out Camp Rock was filmed there). I then went through middle school where I met one of my best friends who was similarly interested in technology and everything math and sciences. In my best memories of middle school was also at a camp ran by our school board. I was so lucky to be in that year and class. The trip was supposed to be 3 days but lasted for 4 since there was a snowstorm on the morning of the 3rd. It is only because of that storm that on the 3rd night (where I was supposed to be home if we had left in the morning) was the first night I ever saw a sky full of stars. And I was, to say the least...starstruck (pun intended). Throughout high school my marks went from an A to an A- and then to B+. My final year was the worst and I slacked off quite a bit. That caused me to get my admittance to university rejected (that feeling when your Early Acceptance in January is no longer applicable in June because of your final marks...). And that leads me to now. I just finished summer school and I'll be taking a year off to get a job and work till I can apply next year for Aerospace Engineering. Hopefully everything works out :)

Looking back at all these 90s kids, I'm really jealous :( (though I shouldn't be considering how good my life is). I've never had a single portable gaming device (or just any gaming device) 'till my first smartphone this year. That's right. A 90's kid who hasn't experienced the joys of playing with a gameboy colour/adv sp, gamecube, snes, or psp. Or played yu gi oh/pokemon/digimon cards. Only thing I had related to 90's kids was b-daman and a tamagachi LOL. Though I'm glad that I still watched all those 90s-2000s cartoons back then. Ben 10 (the original one...not the bullshit new series) was my favourite by far. The only thing I can say that's really awesome is I got into computers since I was a kid. I remember installing my first (and last) virus on my dad's old laptop (anyone remember the brand Digital?) when I was 4 LOL. I remember using Windows 95. And Internet Explorer 5. Oh god...those days. I remember playing SimCopter on that laptop where I was first introduced to the epic Ride of The Valkyries song.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

I used to not be very comfortable around people either, I had social anxiety for ages, until I actually decided that it was a serious problem. Try looking up on how to get rid of social anxiety, there is plenty of books on it (if you still have it).

Looks like a sweet computer! But how on earth do you have 10gb of ram? haha!

I have no clue it just works :D  yeah man I dunno I prob should so something about it

PC Specs:  2x GTX 550 ti in SLI - Intel i7 2600k @ 3.4Ghz - Thermaltake Overseer Case - 8 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram - 1TB Harddrive - 500 Watt PSU that came with my old prebuilt pc lawl -  ASUS P8P67 EVO

Peripherals:  Razer Deathadder Black Edition - Razer Arctosa Keyboard - Logitech G53 Headset

Cool song of the day: Chief Keef - Round da Rosey    Changed my profile pic again...                                        Mountain Dew is good. So are video games and music. Oh and unicorns.

Only thing I had related to 90's kids was b-daman and a tamagachi

Tamagachis :D I still have mine in a draw somewhere, if the battery hasn't died I'm going to play the hell out of it for the next few days! Brings back so many memories :p

A minute passes.

Tamagachis :D I still have mine in a draw somewhere, if the battery hasn't died I'm going to play the hell out of it for the next few days! Brings back so many memories :P

I still have mine as well! I will never lose mine.

I would need a book...

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Sorry about the crappy life story, but I'm terrible at describing stuff about myself. Hopefully it will get the forum started though :P

No worries :) I'm crap at describing as well so you're not alone right there.

I was born in Surrey and moved to Lincolnshire when I was around 2 years old, went to school for a while, went to college for a while and well here I am now, unemployed and errm that is about it.

I could go more in depth but I can't really be arsed right now lol

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Words can not tell the story of the most interesting man in the world.

And you have a banana as an avatar, can't be that interesting :P

jk :)

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Dos Equis, is that you?

A minute passes.

I would be very very wary of posting in here - it's essentially releasing a lot of personal information.