I am lost

CoffeeCaptain

At first I figured It was pretty simple, the GTX 750 is better than the 650 and the 760 is better than the 750. But it seems like people are telling me not to go to the 900 seriese and that the 750 is better. Can someone clarify how Graphics cards and their generations actually work?

they work as you are saying pretty much, I dunno why they would be telling you not to get a 900

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

How is the 970? is it really as glitchy as they say it is?

Look at reviews and benchmarks of the cards, not the names. Just because it is from a newer series does not mean it will be more powerful.

However in this case any of the 900 series cards will be significantly more powerful than your GTX 750.

Lol where are you getting this info from? The 970 runs perfectly fine.

The 970 is fine. It has a minor VRAM issue that people blew out of proportion.

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

The 750 is better than the 900 series because; 

Intel 3000 graphics = superior

3000 - 750 = 2250

3000 - 900 = 2100

2250 is more than 2100 

Get integrated bro. 

Should have got a mac, bro. Eh, amirite guys?

Ok, thanks. One more question, What is a good Motherboard to get. I've been looking at the X99 FTW or the Asus MAximus VI/VII, and wanted to get someone's honest oppinion on it. Or suggestions for a good motherboard

Ok, thanks. One more question, What is a good Motherboard to get. I've been looking at the X99 FTW or the Asus MAximus VI/VII, and wanted to get someone's honest oppinion on it. Or suggestions for a good motherboard

Get the h97. None of that x99 consumer grade nonsense. 

First of all "LOST" is pretty much understated for your case. 

list of tutorials to go through

just in case here's the gist with Nvidia's naming scheme

The First digit is the generation(The bigger the newer and usually better)

2nd digit  is for the the tier(The bigger the better), usually 8 is the highest level but it can also go to 9 as we've seen in the past but a card with a tier of 9 usually means it's a dual gpu card like the 690.

the Ti usually means it's a slightly much better iteration of its non-ti counter part hence 980ti>980

here's is a rough GPU ranking based on performance(BASED on AVG. FPS ONLY!) 750ti<760<960≈770<780≈970<980<980ti<TITAN X

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

First of all "LOST" is pretty much understated for your case. 

list of tutorials to go through

just in case here's the gist with Nvidia's naming scheme

The First digit is the generation(The bigger the newer and usually better)

2nd digit  is for the the tier(The bigger the better), usually 8 is the highest level but it can also go to 9 as we've seen in the past but a card with a tier of 9 usually means it's a dual gpu card like the 690.

the Ti usually means it's a slightly much better iteration of its non-ti counter part hence

Im really just lost with graphics cards and motherboards. I completely understand processors, Locked vs unlocked. and HDD vs SSD. But thankyou for your help

Im really just lost with graphics cards and motherboards. I completely understand processors, Locked vs unlocked. and HDD vs SSD. But thankyou for your help

I added a bit on GPU's on the bottom and here's a guide to chipsets which help you clear things up for MOBO's

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

I come from the car world, but the rule of thumb is basically "how fast do you want to spend"
New, you can get a 960 for about $200, 970 - $350, 980 - $500, 980Ti - $650, Titian - $1000.

Unfortunately I don't really know about AMD pricing, but they just announced new 300 series cards.

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i Mobo:  Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X 32GB 2133 Storage #1: 1TB 850 EVO SSD Storage #2: Western Digital Black 2TB Storage #3: Western Digital Green 4TB GPU: Gigabyte 980 Ti G1 Case: Mastercase5 PSU: EVGA 750 W G2 80+Gold Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite Monitor: LG 34UM94 Headset: Bose

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9

What do you plan to use the system for? What is your budget?

Tell me what your budget is and I would gladly cut that process out and tell you what card would be best.