white inside tubing?

Just disassembled my loop temporarily.

And I noticed the inside of my black tubing is white.

Nothing in my res or blocks.

What is it?

What should I do?

Specs:

Xspc raystorm CPU block

Xspx photon 170 red/d5 pump

Majicool dual 180mm rad

Xspc flx tubing

Distilled water

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Can you post  a pic so we can evaluate it better?

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

Was it possibly white to begin with? was the water dyed?

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Was it possibly white to begin with? was the water dyed?

Nope, nope

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

solid white or more like hard water?

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Can you post a pic so we can evaluate it better?

Not really, my computer is disassembled, on mobile

solid white or more like hard water?

It's like a buildup. I can still see some black through the white

Not really, my computer is disassembled, on mobile

even easier... make a picture, upload it to the imgur app, post link here. done.

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

Uh, looking more, there is some black gunk in my block on the copper

please tell me you flushed the rads before installing

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

please tell me you flushed the rads before installing

Uh mostly.

Not sure how well.

But why would there be white and black gunk?

Uh mostly.

Not sure how well.

But why would there be white and black gunk?

my guess is 

1. the distilled water wasnt distilled enough

2. residue left from manufacturing

3. corrosion/bacteria?

Black gunk in the blocks isn't good, if I recall this is your compact build that was less than 6 months ago.

If you used a silver coil a little bit of clouding can occur but it usually takes a long time especially if the distilled water isn't pure enough. Also what tubing are you using, the blank gunk might be plasticizer. 

my guess is

1. the distilled water wasnt distilled enough

2. residue left from manufacturing

3. corrosion/bacteria?

Hmmm

What should I do?

Black gunk in the blocks isn't good, if I recall this is your compact build that was less than 6 months ago.

If you used a silver coil a little bit of clouding can occur but it usually takes a long time especially if the distilled water isn't pure enough. Also what tubing are you using, the blank gunk might be plasticizer.

Oh yeah, I kept meaning to get a kill coil.

I never did...

Tubing, xspc flx , black

Hmmm

What should I do?

I diagnose not solve watercooling

Most likely it's plasticizer. The black could be copper oxidation.

Most likely it's plasticizer. The black could be copper oxidation.

So what should I do

Oh yeah, I kept meaning to get a kill coil.

I never did...

Tubing, xspc flx , black

So what should I do

It's good practice to get a silver coil in there with straight distilled water. If you have copper blocks with no nickel plating it will have a mild antibacterial effect but less than what a silver coil can do if I recall.

The black gunk isn't a good sign, the only thing that does that is usually degradation of the tubing the XSPC stuff might not be 100% plasticzer free. The only thing that can be done is to break down the loop clean out the blocks of the gunk and replace the tubing and get a kill coil or biocide. The best stuff out there is the Primocill Advance LRT.

Edited by W-L

It's good practice to get a silver coil in there with straight distilled water. If you have copper blocks with no nickel plating it will have a mild antibacterial effect but less than what a silver coil can do if I recall.

The black gunk isn't a good sign, the only thing that does that is usually degradation of the tubing the XSPC stuff might not be 100% plasticzer free. The only thing that can be done is to break down the loop clean out the blocks of the gunk and replace the tubing and get a kill coil or biocide. The best stuff out there is the Primocill Advance LRT.

OK.

The tubing also now smells kinda like the frogs you dissect.

I'll replace the tubing, and get a kill coil

OK.

The tubing also now smells kinda like the frogs you dissect.

I'll replace the tubing, and get a kill coil

Yeah that's not good if it starts smelling like a pond or frogs as you put it, just be sure to flush out the rad and clean the blocks beforehand. GL.

Yeah that's not good if it starts smelling like a pond or frogs as you put it, just be sure to flush out the rad and clean the blocks beforehand. GL.

I mean it more smells like the stuff they use to preserve the frogs.

Either way, I'll flush stuff.

Should I take apart block and clean it?

I mean it more smells like the stuff they use to preserve the frogs.

Either way, I'll flush stuff.

Should I take apart block and clean it?

If you see gunk inside of the blocks it's a good idea to take them apart and use a toothbrush to gently scrub clean out the fins and channels.

If you see gunk inside of the blocks it's a good idea to take them apart and use a toothbrush to gently scrub clean out the fins and channels.

Ok

Get primoflex tubing. It's a PAIN to get on the fittings though.