is it bad that my new GPU is artifacting?

snoop doggie dogg

the artifacts look like little black pixels most of the time in a groups and only appear in some games in certain areas, they are not annoying to me but are they bad?

Are you overclocking at all?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

"I didn't die! I performed a tactical reset!"

Noo, it's fine......

(not)

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

nope 

What games do the artifacts occur in?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

"I didn't die! I performed a tactical reset!"

yes return it you cant sell something that is artifacting later on and it means its gonna die sooner

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

what do you think  :mellow:

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

What games do the artifacts occur in?

just cause 2 most of the time on big or shiny vehicles, CS:GO when i go out of dark places and the game does that thing where everything is brighter for a second. and in TF2 it happens in areas were things are brighter 

just cause 2 most of the time on big or shiny vehicles, CS:GO when i go out of dark places and the game does that thing where everything is brighter for a second. and in TF2 it happens in areas were things are brighter 

does it happen on the desktop too? What are the temps?

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

i understand asking for help, but if this is a new GPU y bother asking if artifacting is bad, if its not working right  RMA it...

does it happen on the desktop too? What are the temps?

no just in certain games and my temps are usually between 50-65C when its a cool day and 60-75C on hot days or when my AC isn't working 

no just in certain games and my temps are usually between 50-65C when its a cool day and 60-75C on hot days or when my AC isn't working 

since you're not overclocking and the temps are way in the safe zone I'm going to say it's a defected card. RMA it. You could also do a quick check in a different PC to check if it's not some other thing (like PSU - which I doubt)

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

since you're not overclocking and the temps are way in the safe zone I'm going to say it's a defected card. RMA it. You could also do a quick check in a different PC to check if it's not some other thing (like PSU - which I doubt)

ok then i'll RMA it since i don't have a spare PC to test it :P