A LifeProTip for Linus or anyone who opens lots of tabs while browsing!

XYMan
So I found this pretty old post on Reddit about how you should arrange your tabs if you open lots of them and don't mind a couple of inches of your screen being reserved for tabs while browsing.

6Z2Mjv4.jpg

After all most websites have these narrow blog-like themes and designs that don't take take advantage of your wide screen and leave you with bars on the sides. This might be the trick to maximize your efficiency and speed while browsing.

Chrome: It was a native feature but they removed it after ver16.

You can revert to ver16 like many users but this is the best alternative solution I could find: http://bit.ly/133ZX96

User hehehehhehehehe provided another alternative: http://bit.ly/15f5GIS

Most Chrome users who were using this feature extensively moved to Firefox because of it. We all knew Firefox was always the primary browser to be modded.

Opera: Right click the tabs area then Tab bar placement > Left/Right.

Internet Explorer: Drive your car with yourself in it off a cliff.

I hope this reaches Linus, I know it can help him quite well to navigate through dozens of tabs.
Thanks.

And how does one go about doing so, do I need to use Opera to do this?

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

Me likeeee

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

And how does one go about doing so, do I need to use Opera to do this?

Found something for Chrome if thats what you use.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/side-tabs/ahmimaplkibapbdlpldkodgfjhaondna

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

Was a feature in Ver.16 but removed? Why do you remove features. That's not the point of moving forward your suppose to add and improve.

Thanks though. I really wonder how many years it will take before websites are made for a 16:9 resolution and not 4:3. Go on youtube with default sizing and half the screen isn't used at all.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

Lol, ill never have a use for this but I liked the IE instructions.

Nah man I just open up multiple windows, and then to make the disorganization even worse, I never close them, just open a new page. But hey, they all go away when I shut down my computer right? WRONG. I put my computer into hibernate and it some times takes upwards of 10 minutes or more just to load my chrome application. Welcome to tab hell.

This is cool but I organize my many tabs and don't have an issue finding the right one.

-Corsair 750D - MSI Mpower Z77 - 3570k @ 4.21 -Corsair H60- 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 Mhz- Corsair RM850 - MSI 780 Lightning -256GB SSD- 2 1TB HDDs - LG 23' Flatron - Razer Death Adder - Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Blue - Logitech z506 5.1-

Project - Bloody Lightning

I still find that ctrl tab would work better for me. You could also try having multiple windows and organize your tabs like that. 

Maybe if I have a widescreen 29 in monitor this would be perfect because websites usually wouldn't take up that much horizontal space anyway.