#! - CrunchBang

I was wondering if anyone uses this particular flavor of Linux/GNU distribution, and was wondering what you guys though of it. I'm trying to work out what distribution I want to use with my thinkpad. The main use it will be getting will be programming at uni, and I would love to finally have a daily Linux OS I can use for the future, I've been thinking about it for a while but can never switch.

Thanks guys.

#!

I love it, I use it on my X220 for programming and general word processing/web browsing etc. It takes a bit of tweaking to get the unnecessary idle and background processes down to increase battery life, but once you do you'll get just as much as you would with Windows. These tweaks are needed for any distro in my experience. It's an awesome daily driver, every time I try another distro I end up going back to #! because I like it so much. It's perfect for learning to get your way around and learn Linux while still being a pretty powerful OS. It'll go great on your T410.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Sweet as, I'll check it out I think :) I've used it before on the desktop, but haven't tried it on a desktop as of yet. Did you have any driver issues or anything installing it on your X220?

#!

Sweet as, I'll check it out I think :) I've used it before on the desktop, but haven't tried it on a desktop as of yet. Did you have any driver issues or anything installing it on your X220?

Everything worked out of the box for me, no need for any drivers. Super easy to install but if you're dual booting with Windows make sure you don't remove your MBR partition and use partitions with the GRUB bootloader properly. That was a very painful experience....

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

loved crunchbang when I used it, I only stopped when they did the switch from ubuntu to debian sources.

It just took too long and I wanted updates faster. I switched to xubuntu and have been too lazy to switch back.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

Love #!. it is very minimalistic and very fun to use. I use it day to day.

| 3570k @ 4.5 | swiftech h220 ordered after patent issues | EVGA 660ti SC 3gb | 8gb gskill ripjaws | Asus p8z77-v lx | Corsair Ax 750 | Asus Xonar DS | Corsair C70 white | CM quickfire rapid mx browns | G500 | 

Well I think I'll switch tonight :) Does it have a liveCD version I can try out first?

#!

Much better than Ubuntu and it is Debian essentially with Openbox setup. It is pretty lightweight and a great step up from full fledge desktop environment installs like Ubuntu, Fedora, etc.

Install Gentoo GNU/Linux | "You have been placed on moderator queue. This means that all content you submit will need to be approved by a moderator before it will be shown." | top LEL

Build specs: Corsair 540, i7 2600K @ 4.2Ghz, Asrock z77 extreme4, 16gb DDR3 @1866, 2 x 1TB, GTX 560 ti
Monitors: Asus VG236H, Dell U2713HM Headphones: Koss PortaPro, DT 770 80ohm, AT-AD700 | Steam profile

Much better than Ubuntu and it is Debian essentially with Openbox setup. It is pretty lightweight and a great step up from full fledge desktop environment installs like Ubuntu, Fedora, etc.

Ha, nice Gentoo avatar, btw.

#!