Hypothetical: Cooling GPU + CPU with a 120mm Radiator.

Thoes 2 values are identical, give or take 5-10 watts.

touche, id border about 15w but still, trying for Low power SFF 15 watts can at low fan speeds can make a Difference. better to have a tad over then under ya know.

i think the 980 is rated 180w usage and 165w thermal output and the 4690k is 90w but uses 86w-88w?   

The waste of PCIe lanes.

Starving Children In Africa Could Have Eaten Thoes PCIe Lanes, But You Had To Throw Them Away!!!!!

I'd be using 16 of them plus 1 for a wifi card. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

That's what I was thinking as well if your going to spend so much money on a pump, tubing, resivour, and water blocks, why skimp out on radiators. Like it makes no sense.

Space yo! 360's take a lot of Surface area so your looking for case that is 360 Min in Length, Width, or Height if you want a Smaller case with watercooling thats Effective. good freaking luck it aint happening with a 360..... 

a 240 would work well without being too large and could fit in a set top box. or a 180 is still pretty small. 

touche, id border about 15w but still, trying for Low power SFF 15 watts can at low fan speeds can make a Difference. better to have a tad over then under ya know.

i think the 980 is rated 180w usage and 165w thermal output and the 4690k is 90w but uses 86w-88w?

The law of conservation of mass/energy states that all the energy that goes into the system has to equal the energy coming out of the system, the only thing that isn't turned into heat is the miniscule amount of power that's the GPU's output signal, the miniscule amount of energy being turned into light by the LEDs on your motherboard and GPU, or the USB power to your keyboard and mouse.

Unless you have a computer that destroys energy and creates mass with it, total system power usage will be identical to thermal output just take off whatever your mouse and keyboard are drawing along with however much power a display output sinal is.

Space yo! 360's take a lot of Surface area so your looking for case that is 360 Min in Length, Width, or Height if you want a Smaller case with watercooling thats Effective. good freaking luck it aint happening with a 360..... 

a 240 would work well without being too large and could fit in a set top box. or a 180 is still pretty small.

You should be able to get a small case that supports a 140mm and a 240mm that would be a nice combo.

Your still leaving at least 8 lanes out in the cold to die maybe even 20, that's enough to feed a whole African child for a month.

so

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

They can work in the mines 

2tlqlXG.png

muh specs 

All parts black

But it's so dark down in the mines, they won't have a RAYdon of hope.

The fury builds. 

muh specs 

All parts black

this is a 760GC aio cpu/gpu unit that was released years ago.  It was OEM so most did not know of it but you can still buy them on Ebay.  The gpu bracket for this unit is what ive used for years to fasten my pump to my gpu's.

8134067335_49a2d0c881_b.jpgtrub.pump by cory ekman, on Flickr

8134027321_20836aac11_b.jpgtrub.pump by cory ekman, on Flickr

8134025673_8b7d6c8f7e_b.jpgtrub.pump by cory ekman, on Flickr