New case that doesnt suck?

Agazed

I cant seem to find a case with all my requirements. Seriously is it this hard?

• Black and if it has a secondary color, black and blue
  • Window side panel that DOESNT scratch from finger nails
  • ATX compatibility
  • Graphic card support up to 300mm
  • Clean design
  • Fairly silent
  • No optical drive spots

That's seriously all I need -_- S340, H440, Define S, Define R5 are all out because of the horrible side panel scratching

CPU: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.3 GHz       GPU: MSI GTX 980                      Cooling: be quiet! Pure Rock                     OS: Windows 7            Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z

Motherboard: AsRock Z97 PRO4   PSU: Corsair 600W CX600M       Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate   SSD: Intel 120GB 520   Headset: HyperX Cloud II

RAM: 12GB Crucial Ballistix            Case: Corsair 750D                       Mouse: Logitech G502                         HDD: Seagate 1TB        Speakers: Audioengine A5+

Enthoo Luxe

it does have 5.25in spots, but they are not massively noticable, or if you want the bigger brother you might like the Enthoo Primo.

My Build:

i7 5820k ~ Sabertooth X99 ~ 32GB Crucial Sport ~ Nvidia Titan X ~ Enthoo Luxe ~ 512GB 850 Pro ~ Asus PB287Q

PC Part Picker List

window side panel that doesnt scratch from finger nails is no where to be found haha.

so i recommend define r5 with no window side panel.

CPU:  i7 4770k @ overclocked to 4.4ghz             GPU: Intel HD4600                                                                SSD: Kingston V300 120GB (OS)                   Cooler:  Corsair H100i GTX
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolve (Black)                RAM: 2x4gb Corsair Dominator Platinium 2133mhz  HDD: 1TB Seagate                                            Mouse: Logitech G502
OS:     Windows 10                                                      PSU: Corsair RM850i 80+ Gold                                          Motherboard:  AsusZ97 Pro Gamer              Keyboard: Vortex Pok3r 3

Enthoo Luxe

enthoo luxe does scratch quite easily you have one you should know, i have one too and it actually scratches easily.

CPU:  i7 4770k @ overclocked to 4.4ghz             GPU: Intel HD4600                                                                SSD: Kingston V300 120GB (OS)                   Cooler:  Corsair H100i GTX
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolve (Black)                RAM: 2x4gb Corsair Dominator Platinium 2133mhz  HDD: 1TB Seagate                                            Mouse: Logitech G502
OS:     Windows 10                                                      PSU: Corsair RM850i 80+ Gold                                          Motherboard:  AsusZ97 Pro Gamer              Keyboard: Vortex Pok3r 3

enthoo luxe does scratch quite easily you have one you should know, i have one too and it actually scratches easily.

if you replace it with proper tempered glass it doesn't scratch.

Pauls hardware has quite a nice tutorial on it.

My Build:

i7 5820k ~ Sabertooth X99 ~ 32GB Crucial Sport ~ Nvidia Titan X ~ Enthoo Luxe ~ 512GB 850 Pro ~ Asus PB287Q

PC Part Picker List

Fractal R5?

only thing it doesnt really cover is more than one color

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Fractal R5?

only thing it doesnt really cover is more than one color

That's seriously all I need -_- S340, H440, Define S, Define R5 are all out because of the horrible side panel scratching

CPU: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.3 GHz       GPU: MSI GTX 980                      Cooling: be quiet! Pure Rock                     OS: Windows 7            Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z

Motherboard: AsRock Z97 PRO4   PSU: Corsair 600W CX600M       Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate   SSD: Intel 120GB 520   Headset: HyperX Cloud II

RAM: 12GB Crucial Ballistix            Case: Corsair 750D                       Mouse: Logitech G502                         HDD: Seagate 1TB        Speakers: Audioengine A5+

idk what youd like me to say, basically any piece of glass or plastic that acts as a side panel will scratch when not correctly taken care of.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

idk what youd like me to say, basically any piece of glass or plastic that acts as a side panel will scratch when not correctly taken care of.

The glass in those cases are so cheap a finger nail scratches them. I even read a review where a microfiber cloth left hairline scratches...

The glass in those cases are so cheap a finger nail scratches them. I even read a review where a microfiber cloth left hairline scratches...

then dont get a case with a side panel, because as i said theyre probably all gonna scratch just like any other cheap piece of plastic or glass

or

you could make your own really nice custom side panel out of high quality fiberglass and mod it onto the case yourself, but that sounds hard

what you want doesn't exsist..cause all the side windows are made of a material that will scratch...unscratchable material would cost a TON ..and if you take care of the case..it shouldn't get scratched

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

if money is no option there is always Case Labs

My Build:

PC Part Picker List

if you replace it with proper tempered glass it doesn't scratch.

Pauls hardware has quite a nice tutorial on it.

can you link it?

can you link it?

My Build:

PC Part Picker List

How often are you going to be rubbing your finger nails across the side panel window? And so long as you don't use a microfibre cloth to clean an acrylic window, which is standard practice really, then you should expect to get scratches in the window. Reviewers like to nit pick and find things like this wrong with a case because then they know they've found a "flaw"

On that note, the S340, H440, define R5 and FT05 are the cases for that criteria I would recommend.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

I cant seem to find a case with all my requirements. Seriously is it this hard?

• Black and if it has a secondary color, black and blue
  • Window side panel that DOESNT scratch from finger nails
  • ATX compatibility
  • Graphic card support up to 300mm
  • Clean design
  • Fairly silent
  • No optical drive spots

You can probably find some kinda phone protector like thing to put over your side panel, or if you can get another side panel cut to the same size of a different material

I've never had this problem, my Dad works in a place where he can laser cut plexiglass and borrow hunders of yards of whatever cable he needs :D not to mention the computer graveyard they let him take whatever from...

Nude Fist 1: i5-4590-ASRock h97 Anniversary-16gb Samsung 1333mhz-MSI GTX 970-Corsair 300r-Seagate HDD(s)-EVGA SuperNOVA 750b2

Name comes from anagramed sticker for "TUF Inside" (A sticker that came with my original ASUS motherboard)

this is wayyy harder then i expected it will be. especially when enthoo luxe have double side window and the inside have certain hook that need to be cut and flatten before sticking tempered glass on. btw i have a few really good solution for that too like this.

http://themodzoo.com/forum/index.php/topic/2045-phanteks-enthoo-luxe-simple-diy-case-mods/

Yeah tempered glass is what you want. I was quoted about $90 aud from a local business a while ago, so you could probably get it done for $50 if you're lucky.