Help! High System Idle Causing Tons of Heat!

So, my CPU is getting much hotter than normal (around 45c - 50c Normally it's in the low 20Cs during idle). I know that's a safe temp but it's not normal for a Corsair H110 to be getting that with NOTHING open or running (at least visibly).
I've checked my task manager and everything is at zero CPU usage UNTIL I check the "Show processes from all users" box. 
That's when I see that System Idle Process is using about 87 and System is using about 13.
This HAS to be the reason my CPU is getting unnaturally hot.

PLEASE HELP! What do I do?!

post-77852-0-94902000-1434661282_thumb.j

Edited by Glenwing
Caps lock removed from title

So, my CPU is getting much hotter than normal (around 45c - 50c Normally it's in the low 20Cs during idle). I know that's a safe temp but it's not normal for a Corsair H110 to be getting that with NOTHING open or running (at least visibly).

I've checked my task manager and everything is at zero CPU usage UNTIL I check the "Show processes from all users" box. 

That's when I see that System Idle Process is using about 87 and System is using about 13.

This HAS to be the reason my CPU is getting unnaturally hot.

PLEASE HELP! What do I do?!

System IDLE process shows whats AVAILABLE TO USE.

It's your Not-In-Use CPU power value, higher the better when in idle mode.

Your PC at that time was using MAX 13% CPU, hardly enough to gain a few degrees let alone 20*c,.. something else must be the culprit.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

also..clean up your background processes and startup programs

got some junk in there

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

also..clean up your background processes and startup programs

got some junk in there

first, I'm fine using the All Cpu meter. nothing is wrong with it.

second, clean up what exactly???

This, "junk" isn't junk, and I HAVE HWMonitor. Whats causing the heat?! THATS THE PROBLEM.

This, "junk" isn't junk, and I HAVE HWMonitor. Whats causing the heat?! THATS THE PROBLEM.

if you don't want our help..then don't ask

the heat is being caused probably by background processes..that we just told you to clean up

Inb4 amd hate.

AMD actually has superior heat dissapation than Intel. Also, I DO plan to upgrade to Skylake 6700k.

ANYHOW How do I stop the CPU from going all over the place???

first, I'm fine using the All Cpu meter. nothing is wrong with it.

second, clean up what exactly???

and no its not fine either

if you don't want our help..then don't ask

the heat is being caused probably by background processes..that we just told you to clean up

It ISN'T though.

and no its not fine either

It HAS to be the System Idle process. everything else isn't doing anything.

I quit.... :blink:

I quit.... :blink:

Some veteran YOU are... you couldn't even give me a straight answer.

Wow how do you help a guy who doesn't even seem to want help from you? I would offer some advise, but it seems like it will just be shot down anyway...

It HAS to be the System Idle process. everything else isn't doing anything.

It's clearly not... you are misunderstood on how it works.

System IDLE process shows whats AVAILABLE TO USE, NOT WHATS BEING USED

It's the Not-In-Use CPU power value, higher the better when in idle mode.

Your PC at that time was using MAX 13% CPU, hardly enough to gain a few degrees let alone 20*c,.. something else must be the culprit.

You do have many process's running, As an example...

Do you need Teatimer.exe?, you could just run Search&Destroy WHEN YOU NEED it or each week...

Careful when installing apps, they could throw in bundles apps that start on startup, be mindful of whats actually getting installed when installing things... Same for other things in the process list,...  if you do not use them often, and if you can remove the process's from startup safely without it screwing up the applications opening ability, do so, give it a bit of a clean.. Google to find out what you can and cant get rid of if need be.

But your System Idle Process is normal, just like mine now.. is at 94%

/Revert to stock CPU clocks, remove your OC, check temps there and see if its caused by your motherboard pushing that overclock you have.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

How old is that h110? The pump maybe is failing.

Did you even LOOK at the images I added? The CPU is CLEARLY being used by SOMETHING.

Do you need Teatimer.exe?, you could just run Search&Destroy WHEN YOU NEED it or each week...

Careful when installing apps, they could throw in bundles apps that start on startup, be mindful of whats actually getting installed when installing things... Same for other things in the process list,...  if you do not use them often, and if you can remove the process's from startup safely without it screwing up the applications opening ability, do so, give it a bit of a clean.. Google to find out what you can and cant get rid of if need be.

Look, I appreciate you trying to help but none of that is the issue. I'm not new to this. It's obvious that something is using my CPU way more than it should be and I've had Teatimer for years.

This only just started happening within the last hour.

/Revert to stock CPU clocks, remove your OC, check temps there and see if its caused by your motherboard pushing that overclock you have.

Look, I appreciate you trying to help but none of that is the issue. I'm not new to this. It's obvious that something is using my CPU way more than it should be and I've had Teatimer for years.

This only just started happening within the last hour.

If your CPU IDLE process is as high as it is in your pic then it seems its all normal though.... a high CPU idle value is normal.

Within the last hour?..... nasty websites visited putting nasties in your machine maybe?

Installed a "torrented' game? recently? Maybe it has some nasties..?

Im just guessing obviously...

The pic you displayed didn't show much to be honest... Apart from that plugin there showing more CPU usage on your first 3 cores than Windows is showing in Task manager.

If your CPU IDLE process is as high as it is in your pic then it seems its all normal though.... a high CPU idle value is normal.

Within the last hour?..... nasty websites visited putting nasties in your machine maybe?

Installed a "torrented' game? recently? Maybe it has some nasties..?

Im just guessing obviously...

The pic you displayed didn't show much to be honest... Apart from that plugin there showing more CPU usage on your first 3 cores than Windows is showing in Task manager.

So, I've figured out that the sensor for temps and the usage chart (not the usage percentage) are malfunctioning... I'm gonna have to get a new board anyways since I bent the usb3 pins all up...