Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 Windforce or G1 Gaming?

devunja495

From a previous question on this site, I came to the conclusion that I will be purchasing the Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 graphics card for my next PC build. However I noticed there are three different types, G1 Gaming, Mini ITX (which I am not getting at all) and the WindForce editions. Which should I get and what are the differences, any details are appreciated. 

I'd go with the G1 gaming

Project Pluto
i3 4170 MSI H97 PC Mate MSI R9 380 2GD5T @ 1095MHz Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 2x4gb @ 1600MhzWD 1TB Blue • be quiet! Pure Rock • NZXT S340 Black XFX TS 550w • BenQ GW2265HM

g1 gaming is factory clocked higher and come with a backplate

The G1 has a more heavy duty power design and has a better cooler for overclocking, Thats about it.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

From a previous question on this site, I came to the conclusion that I will be purchasing the Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 graphics card for my next PC build. However I noticed there are three different types, G1 Gaming, Mini ITX (which I am not getting at all) and the WindForce editions. Which should I get and what are the differences, any details are appreciated. 

g1 gaming is factory clocked higher and come with a backplate

The G1 has a more heavy duty power design and has a better cooler for overclocking, Thats about it.

Don't forget that G1 is cherry picked. You're pretty much guaranteed to get a good overclocker (or higher) card with the G1. Mini ITX and WindForce X3 versions fall under standard chip lottery.

"Rawr XD"

Windforce unless you want the backplate, LED or higher stock clock.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Don't forget that G1 is cherry picked. You're pretty much guaranteed to get a good overclocker (or higher) card with the G1. Mini ITX and WindForce X3 versions fall under standard chip lottery.

^^

The g1 goes through a process gigabyte calls The Gauntlet. They take the gpus that are allocated to them, put them through special tests and pick the best of the best in terms of power delivery, efficiency, etc and use those in the g1. This can translate to better overclocking, thermals, and energy efficiency.