Front USB 3 and Motherboard Headers? and PC Parts Help

AlfieHopkins

I am looking into building a computer including a i7-4790k which has the LGA-1150 socket in the NZXT H440 which has 2 front USB 3 ports. Yet i am struggling to find a decent z97 motherboard to build apon, im not sure if i need a motherboard with 2 usb 3 headers or if both the ports come with one cable?, any help will be appreciated.

I was looking at the ROG Maximus VII Ranger however it only has one header and I don't really want a dead port in the front of my case.

Link to PCPartPicker - http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/ZrcBpg

Any help on choosing better components will also be appreciates as this is my first full PC build besides upgrades to my current setup.

if this is posted in the wrong section, can someone also tell me as this seemed like the best one and this is my first post.

I would also look for aftermarket coolers for the 980ti instead of a refference one, it's loud and hot.

If he doesn't plant to OC that GPU, the reference will suffice :) I picked one myself

I'm probably going to overclock the CPU, that's why i chose the Corsair H100i GTX, as i've heard its better than a air cooler, might have to look at a few guides though :), and im not so worried about it being loud, just cool enough so it dosent overheat. and thanks for your help on the USB 3 troubles

I would buy one aswell to be honest. I just love Nvidia's refference cooler.

That is another reason I went with reference cooler, it looks awesome... I am happy I ditched my 970s with ACX coolers

I'm probably going to overclock the CPU, that's why i chose the Corsair H100i GTX, as i've heard its better than a air cooler, might have to look at a few guides though :), and im not so worried about it being loud, just cool enough so it dosent overheat. and thanks for your help on the USB 3 troubles

We are talking for GPU overclocking not CPU :P

I know :), was meant to say i was only overclocking the CPU and not the 980ti 

The H100i isn't better than an air cooler :P

AIOs and the better heatsinks (Noctua NH-D15) are pretty much equal. I would go with the Noctua D15 because it's not as much maintanance.

amnerd  B) Linux enthusiast. 

• CPU: Intel i5 4690k @3.5ghz  Motherboard: MSI U3 Plus Z97 GPU: Radeon R9 270x 2gb OC HDD: WD Green 3tb SDDs: Samsung 120gb, Kingston V300 120gb Case: Fractal Design Define R5 PSU: Corsair V650 Fans: Corsair AF14 x4 CPU cooler: Hyper 212 EVO (Upgrading soon)