3TB Seagate Problems

Hey guys,  my seagate drive after minutes of being in windows it would disappear from the drive entirely.  It would come back every so often but then disappear again.  Also when its plugged in it makes windows 7 boot 20x slower.  (windows is on a sperat SSD)  What do you guys think?  Ive tried it on different PCs and the same thing would happen.  Your thoughts?  

"45 ACP because shooting twice is silly!"

Have you tried a different SATA cable? Is the cable you're using frayed or damaged in any way?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

If I remember correctly, arent the 3TB models the one Seagate drive that has some awkwardly high failure rate? Maybe that has something to do with it?

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Have you tried a different SATA cable? Is the cable you're using frayed or damaged in any way?

No I used different high quality cables each.

If I remember correctly, arent the 3TB models the one Seagate drive that has some awkwardly high failure rate? Maybe that has something to do with it?

Oh boy~! 

"45 ACP because shooting twice is silly!"

Hi there @Nikolithebear!

You can try the basic troubleshooting steps:

1. Since you've already tried a different SATA cable, you can plug the drive in a different SATA port of the motherboard.

2. In case the issue continues, try to plug it in a different computer - that is the best way to see if the problem is with the drive, or with the motherboard of the computer.

If there's still an issue, check the drive's health by using chkdsk /r command in the CMD, or look if the  manufacturer has it's own diagnostic tool that you can download and test the drive with. 

Hope this helps.

Cheers! :)

If this post helped you, please like and choose it as a best answer.   :)
http://www.wdc.com/en/